Blue Prism Product

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

This community covers the core Blue Prism RPA product.

Expand all | Collapse all

BluePrism Process fails in closed Remote Desktop Environment. Will VNC solve this issue??

• 1.  BluePrism Process fails in closed Remote Desktop Environment. Will VNC solve this issue??

Posted 01-29-2019 10:44
    Hi all, I am running BluePrism on Windows Server 2012 environment using Remote Desktop Connection. When I start a process on this environment and close the RDC window, the process throws an error because the system is locked by closing the window. Then I found an article below, which is saying TeamViewer or VNC may conqure this kind of issues.   - BluePrims in Remote Desktop Enviroment (Citrix) https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/technical-queries/processobject-studio/blueprims-remote-desktop-enviroment-citrix   Does anyone try TeamViewer or VNC? and did it resolve the issue?? I would appreciate if you could give me your solutions.   BR,   Ryohei

• 2.  Yes, I have seen people use…

Posted 01-29-2019 19:11
    Yes, I have seen people use TeamViewer in order to avoid that locking issue with RDP. Haven't tried VNC.

• 3.  Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 01-30-2019 16:56
    Hi Ryohei, basically there is a way, without additional software installed, to keep RPD alive. In our infrastructure we're running a native Windows 2012 and once we close the RDP window, runtime resource will come back to console keeping the session active an unlocked. We tried using VNC in the beginning and what it does is modifying some system settings to allow more than one console session. How actually does the session switch work? Once you connect through RDP you create RDPtcp session. To see the current state, on BP client desktop, try running  ""qwinsta"" command. Blue Prism runtime desktop, ( or interactive client desktop) you want to keep alive once you close the RDP windows is closed, should redirect the session from RDPtcp to console. I will provide the most simple example how to create schedules that will automatically keep the session alive, simply by executing bat files. I strongly advise speaking with local IT department as this solution can be implemented on policy level.  Below example is not perfect, it requires admin rights to be deployed and it just shows the mechanism used to keep the session active once RDP is closed     Step 1. Create bat files 1. Create a bat file to grab the current user session number and save it in a text file in c:\bin folder, Save the below code as ID_Extract.bat echo off Mkdir C:\bin set MY_SESSION_ID=unknown for /f ""tokens=3-4"" %%a in ('query session %username%') do @if ""%%b""==""Active"" set MY_SESSION_ID=%%a set aa3=%MY_SESSION_ID% >C:\bin\MY_SESSION_ID.txt echo %aa3% pause   2. Create bat file executing console switch Save the below code as redirect_session.bat set /p MY_SESSION_ID=

• 4.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 04-23-2020 01:23
    Hi, 

Could you please provide a more detailed example of how you implemented this switch?

Thank you

------------------------------
    David Vizcaíno
    RPA Programmer
    EY
    America/Bogota

• 5.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-03-2023 08:20

Hi All,

Basically I am facing same issue while closing/disconnecting/sign of RDP from my Laptop then Bot Schedule run/normally run is stopping in run time machine in production. I always keeping Open my system with RDP then it is running. I understand from your conversation that once RDP is closed BOT is not getting session and stop running. I am using BP version 7.2 and window 10. As I am new in BP can you suggest and give me steps how to resolve. Is there any in build feature that can help to resolve this issue. I cant work while running BOT because always need to keep open RDP. Login Agent can install ? is this Login Agent can resolve my issue. In that can can you suggest steps to follow how to install and use. 

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

• 6.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-03-2023 10:01

HI,

For example if you don't have login agent and directly disconnecting the RDP session the process will be terminated also session will be offline.

To resolve this issue use need to use login agent concept as part of your VM machine. Basically Login agent will be login to the machine automatically and run the process in the backend. Please follow the below article to setup the login agent in your VM machine.

How to set up Login Agent : (blueprism.com)

Best Regards,
    Devendran Venkatesh
    RPA - Technical Architect |
    Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Phone. +966-556784162

• 7.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-04-2023 15:52

Hi Devendran,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have installed Login Agent and setup local policy and after restart when I tried import Login Agent Release file it is not showing wile browsing but in Login Agent folder all file available. Can you please why cant Import. Please see below screen shot.

When Importing Login Agent Release file. It is showing no file available. Do I need to install again ?

But when I navigate to C drive all file is available in Login Agent folder.

Can you suggest on this how proceed.

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

• 8.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-05-2023 04:37

Hi parlay Das,

When you import the release file which option  you have selected ?

If you are trying to import release file you need to select import release file  other wise process or object. 

If you selected process or object  and trying to find release file it is not visible.

If you notice the file type in the screenshot( file explorer) it is referring to object  but looks like you are looking to import release file .

So try to select import release file instead of object or process 

-----------------------
    If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
    Lead developer
    America/New_York TX

• 9.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-05-2023 13:14

Hi Harish,

Thank you for the instruction. I have followed same steps. But when I am trying to set up parameter giving below message. Can you please suggest how to proceed. I have already set up all local policy and set up Credentials from System Tab.

When I set up parameter to run Login giving below message

After click ok and right click and start then giving below message and terminating session. Also I have given screen shot for log file error message.

Can you please suggest why cannot able proceed. Can you please share me steps that need to be follow.

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

• 10.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-05-2023 13:35

Hi,

Based on your screen shot, one thing you need to change it. Regarding the credentials name you kept as "BP-Bot" but in the control room the runtime resource host name getting displayed as "BP-BOT". So keep credentials name as "Windows Login: BP-BOT".

Also regarding the startup parameter of login process provide below values

1)Login locally : false

2)Domain: Provide the user domain. If you don't know check system admin team they will help you on this.

3)Send secure attention sequence: In case if you enabled SAS service in group policy level and services then select the value as true or else keep it as false.

Also please confirm whether login agent installed on VDI or VM server machine?

Best Regards,
    Devendran Venkatesh
    Phone. +966-556784162

• 11.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-05-2023 13:49

Hi Devendra,

There is two Bot machine one is BP-BOT & BP-BOT1 . I have installed login Agent in two BOT machine no app server. I am trying to run login process from BP-BOT1 machine drag drop into same resource machine (BP-BOT1 machine) in control room. I don't know why BP-BOT machine showing offline although this machine is open already.

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

• 12.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-06-2023 13:54

Hi,

If you want to test login agent and etc. Basically app server need to be setup to avoid these issues. Once your bot machine connected with app server and please make sure below areas are fine.

·         Runtime resource should connected with app server

·         Make sure personal run time resource check box selected in the settings tab.

·         Make sure listener is up and running.

·         Make sure login agent is installed and services are up and running.

Best Regards,
    Devendran Venkatesh
    Phone. +966-556784162

• 13.  RE: Hi Ryohei, basically there…

Posted 09-03-2023 09:04

Hi,

Also I there is no any login option is implemented in Runtime resource machine(Production machine). Once I use RDP only can see blue screen with name of the user and automatically open desktop. No login option implemented. Is that when Sign off RDP automatically session was closed and when Bot start running as previously session is not available Bot stopping ?

Thanks,

Pralay 

Pralay Das

• 14.  Thank you all for giving me…

Posted 01-31-2019 13:13
    Thank you all for giving me comments. I talked to our IT dept. about both team viewer and admin rights bat. but unfortunately neither one was allowed to us... Instead, they gave us a VMware Remote Console as a substitution of RDP and it works well! Thank you very much again.   Ryohei    

• 15.  Hi,   I encountered the same…

Posted 05-22-2019 14:02
    Hi,   I encountered the same before.  The issue arises because the desktop used when the bots are running minimised is not the same descktop you see when you log in to a remote desktop session. I used UltraVNC succesfully to overcome this. You may also want to confrim that the screen resolution on the desktop observed in UltraVNC is the same as the resolution used for development.   I noted that the default robotic desktop is 768x1024. If any element fingerprints rely on XY coordinates or of you are using global mouse click actions then these will be impacted.    

Welcome to the Blue Prism RPA Product Community!

Whether you’re looking to manage a complex infrastructure, maintain security and compliance, bring new products to market faster, or gain operational speed and agility in an uncertain economy, Blue Prism delivers — with the flexibility you need to create the business you want. From deployment on-premise, through a cloud service provider or as SaaS, to a skillful and adaptable digital workforce that continually expands to meet your enterprise needs, you can gain enhanced operational insight and control while your people reclaim the time they need to focus on great work.

Product PageKnowledge BaseBlue Prism Training Offering
Product Research ProgramUpdates, Releases & Announcements

FAQs

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism RPA can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism RPA can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.