Blue Prism Product

last person joined: 9 minutes ago 

Chat about Blue Prism products
Expand all | Collapse all

BP6.7.1 automate.exe crashes while using MapiEx / DtaOLEDB

• 1.  BP6.7.1 automate.exe crashes while using MapiEx / DtaOLEDB

Posted 11-24-2020 04:17
    Hi,

we face the following problem, we have set up the following infrastructure as part of a Blue Prism release change from BP5.0.24 to BP6.7.1.

Windows 10 Version 1803 - 64-Bit Installation
    Office 365 - 32-Bit Installation
    MapiEx v2.0.6.0
    Access Database Engine provided by Microsoft installed in silent mode

MapiEx and OLEDB work as individual components, as soon as I run both functions in succession, Blue Prism and automate.exe crashes. In Windows Event Log a .NET Runtime Error is listed in both directions. (even if I start first MapiEx send mail action - which is successfully and subsequently OLEDB Object - with crash of automate.exe or if I start with OLEDB which is successfully and subsequently MapiEx send mail action - with crash of automate.exe)

Are there any suggestions from anyone? Seems to be a problem of multi threading caused by .Net?

------------------------------
    Jan Piwowarski
    Developer
    Commerzbank AG
    Europe/London

• 2.  RE: BP6.7.1 automate.exe crashes while using MapiEx / DtaOLEDB

Posted 11-24-2020 08:03
    I'm not sure about interaction between this two, but using MAPI from managed code is officially unsupported. MS suggests running mapi in a separate process.
    You can probably make it work like we did.. for a month or two, then it starts crashing once or twice a week, you give up and migrate to Outlook VBO, SMTP or EWS (or Graph?):
    - SMTP is for sending mail only, but that's fine if that is all you need. Using POP3/IMAP for receiving mail is not a great idea imo.
    - Outlook VBO is good, but it requires Outlook install and it is still interop. Solid choice.
    - Exchange Web Services managed API - it doesnt need Outlook installed or running, works for both on-premise Exchange and Online/365, but ...
    "Starting July 19th 2018, Exchange Web Services (EWS) will no longer receive feature updates."
    - ...and "the recommended access pattern for Office 365 and Exchange online data is Microsoft Graph instead", but that doesn't work for on-premise Exchange.
    I think Blueprism posted some Graph stuff on DX, but we have on-premise install, so I never bothered to check.

p.s. there is also this good library, but commercial license and that also means writing your own VBO from scratch: http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/download.htm

Andrey Kudinov
    Project Manager
    MobileTelesystems PJSC
    Europe/Moscow

FAQ

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.