Blue Prism Product

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

This community covers the core Blue Prism RPA product.

• 1.  Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

Posted 10-06-2020 11:20
    Hi all,

I have Developed a process which interacts with JAVA application, when I run it in my local system it works perfectly fine. I migrated the code to QA environment after configuring and enabling the JAB and did all the manual settings that I did in my local. In QA VM, It shows JAVA Mode active and is able to highlight the elements as well. But when i run the process in Debug mode Blueprism crashes with an error saying "Blueprism stopped working" . Below is the error from the application log

Application: Automate.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.JAB.WAB32.ae(Int32, Int64, AccessibleKeyBindings ByRef)
    at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.JAB.WAB+AccessibleKeysMethods.getAccessibleKeyBindings(Int32, Int64, AccessibleKeyBindings ByRef)
    at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.JAB.JABContext.get_KeyBindings()

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Pavan

------------------------------
    Pavan Kumar B
    ASE
    Accenture
    UTC

• 2.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.
    Best Answer

Posted 10-06-2020 14:50
    Hi Pavan,

I suggest ensuring what Java version bitness you are using and match with Application Manager (x32 or x64) mode in the Blue Prism Application Modeller.

Also, make sure you run Blue Prism as an administrator on Windows.

Hossein Azimi
    Customer Support Engineer, APAC
    Blue Prism
    Sydney NSW

• 3.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

Posted 10-12-2020 13:39
    Hi Hossein,

I have 64-bit JRE installed in the VM as well as my local, but I am not facing any kind of issue in my local computer. I modified the application manager to "External 64-bit" in my VM and local, this solves the crashing issue but I have another error which says "connection to target application lost - readthread is no longer alive" even when the application is attached. 

Also this is the error which i used to get in event viewer when blueprism used to crash.

Faulting application name: Automate.exe, version: 6.6.0.15260, time stamp: 0x5d691d0e
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1432, time stamp: 0x347862bd
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x001225f2
    Faulting process id: 0x1ff0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a08cb8c11d8c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: ca4e5efa-c1d6-43f8-be75-c03cfa4e5419
    Faulting package full name:

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks, 
    Pavan Kumar B
    Accenture
    UTC

• 4.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

Posted 08-24-2023 11:12

Hi Pavan,

I know this post is several years old now but I am just coming  across this issue myself with the 'connection to target application lost - readthread is no longer alive' in Java however my application will not let me spy anything either. I was just wondering if you might remember how you managed to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Amy  

Amy Snagg

• 5.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

Posted 11-22-2023 18:24

Hi Amy,

I am not sure if you are still facing this issue.

If you are still facing this issue, then try to enable the Java access bridge in control panel - Ease of Access center - Make the computer easier to see - Click on the check box "Enable Java Access Bridge".

Then you can be able to spy the Java element.

Thanks

Sakthivel S

Senior Developer

Infosys

Sakthivel S

• 6.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 11-23-2023 09:34
    This post was removed

• 7.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

Posted 11-23-2023 09:38

Hi Sakthivel, 

We also have this issue and have tried what you suggested but it doesn't seem to retain. It works one minute, and then the next it doesn't. 

Can I ask what version of Java you are using please? Do you use 32Bit or 34Bit? 

Thank you 

Amy Rimmer

Amy Rimmer

• 8.  RE: Blueprism stopped working when automating the JAVA application.

Posted 08-24-2023 12:34

Please do comparison between both environments like configuration. Eg: CPU cores and etc.,

Sometime this issue may occur due to system performance as well. Also check CPU utilization as well

Best Regards,
    Devendran Venkatesh
    RPA - Technical Architect |
    Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Phone. +966-556784162

Welcome to the Blue Prism RPA Product Community!

Whether you’re looking to manage a complex infrastructure, maintain security and compliance, bring new products to market faster, or gain operational speed and agility in an uncertain economy, Blue Prism delivers — with the flexibility you need to create the business you want. From deployment on-premise, through a cloud service provider or as SaaS, to a skillful and adaptable digital workforce that continually expands to meet your enterprise needs, you can gain enhanced operational insight and control while your people reclaim the time they need to focus on great work.

Product PageKnowledge BaseBlue Prism Training Offering
Product Research ProgramUpdates, Releases & Announcements

FAQs

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism RPA can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism RPA can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.