Blue Prism Product

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Chat about Blue Prism products
Expand all | Collapse all

How to interact with an old Windows application that has no key shortcuts and Spy Mode doesn't recognize properly the objects?

• 1.  How to interact with an old Windows application that has no key shortcuts and Spy Mode doesn't recognize properly the objects?

Posted 01-15-2021 15:18
    Hello,

I've been working in a robot that needs to automate some manual navigation, some clicks here and there, some copy/pastes, etc. Whenever I use Identify (with Application Modeler) it doesn't recognize correctly the buttons or textboxes or anything actually. Also, the app is really old, so it doesn't have lot of shortcuts, for example, I can go up and down and navigate through some options but not go into one option (I have to double click here, no shortcut available). I used Global Double Mouse Click to do some clicks but there are some windows that Identify can't recognize, so I can't use Global Double Mouse Click on them. Are there any "recorder" options out there? or any way to work with mouse clicks recorder maybe?. Any help is welcome. Thank you.

------------------------------
    Sebastian Philipps

• 2.  RE: How to interact with an old Windows application that has no key shortcuts and Spy Mode doesn't recognize properly the objects?

Posted 01-16-2021 05:54
    If you have not already done the surface automation training courses you should take them to help you with this application.  Image recognition with offset will find the application fields for you allowing you to click into them and send or paste text. 

Very old widows applications can sometimes take a while to figure out, Tey we're not always as accessibility compliant as modern apps. 

If you have already done the SA training and there is something about this app that does not work with image search/global clicks/send keys let us know and we can think again.

Denis Dennehy
    Head of Customer Success, EMEA
    Blue Prism Ltd
    Europe/London

• 3.  RE: How to interact with an old Windows application that has no key shortcuts and Spy Mode doesn't recognize properly the objects?

Posted 01-16-2021 21:11
    Thank you Denis, I just finished Foundation so I'll finish the other courses till I get to Surface Automation.

Sebastian Philipps

FAQ

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.