Blue Prism Product

last person joined: yesterday 

Chat about Blue Prism products
Expand all | Collapse all

Power BI Dashboard real time integration

• 1.  Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 07-31-2019 21:59
    Hi, I want to integrate blue prism logs with power bi, could you please help me with the configuration steps and how to fetch different tables from blueprism database in order to showcase the real time data into the dashboard.

------------------------------
    SANJIB SINHA
    Software Senior Engineer

• 2.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 08-01-2019 08:44
    Hi Sanjib,

When you say logs it means work queue data or session logs? 
    If you are talking about session logs  I think you need to  create a view using joins to connect different tables and populate the required columns and connect the sql table to Power BI(And you need to create similar columns in power BI to accept the data from sql )
    If its is work queue data  you need to  create a new table and Before completing the  process update the table  every time it run's. and connect this table to Power BI.

I connected the work queue data with tableau, It might be similar to do in  power BI. There are different ways to connect data most of the business tool like  sql, excel or cloud data....

Thanks

Harish kumar
    RPA Developer

• 3.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 02-11-2020 04:46
    HI Harish,

Could you please tell me how you have sent data to Tableau.
    I am going to do the same what you have done.

Amlan Sahoo
    RPA Consultant
    Equinix

• 4.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 02-11-2020 09:19
    Hi Amlan,

i)Create a table in SQL - Table need to have same fields of the collection which you are intended to update in  Tableau.

ii)In the code stage  you need to create sql bulk copy to push the data to sql, And connect the sql to tableau.
    iii) once  the data is in collecion, Call the sql bulk copy it will copy all the data from  blue prism collection to sql  and it automatically update to Tableau(If you're tableau source is connected to Data base).

SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(con_string);
    SqlBulkCopy bulk = new SqlBulkCopy(con);
    bulk.DestinationTableName = Dest_Table;
    con.open();
    bulk.WriteToServer(coll);
    con.close()

Input parameters
    con_String(Text) - connection String of SQL table
    Dest_Table(Collection) - SQL Table
    coll(Collection) -  Source collection

Harish
    RPA Developer

• 5.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 02-12-2020 01:06
    Thanks Harish. For your help i will get back if i stuck anywhere.

Amlan Sahoo
    RPA Consultant
    Equinix

• 6.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 01-07-2021 02:52
    Hi Harish,

Could you please explain how to connect blue prism work queue to Power BI.

Thanks & Regards
    Sadath Sheik

Sadath Sheik

• 7.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 01-15-2021 10:43
    Hi Sadath,

My recommendation is don't connect your Blue Prism Database to any 3rd party BI or reporting tool, especially real-time. It may harm the performance of all Blue Prism environment. However, there are two main way to connect Power BI to BP Database.

1. As Harish recommend before, you can create BP project or an other automated job to write desired data from BP database to an other database. Then connect this database from Power BI. You may want schedule this job to most suitable time period.
    2. Use import or directquery in Power BI. Set SQL Datasource as BP Database.

Taha Sonmez
    ROM Architect
    SabanciDx

• 8.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 01-15-2021 10:55
    Hi Sadath,

I didn't tried in Power BI . But My guess is it work in similar wayas Tableau. As Sonmez mentioned you might need to follow second steop to connect Power BI. Also he rightly suggested not to use Blue Prism Database for Dashboatd  If you try to use Pro database it  will massively impact on your  Prod environment.

Harish
    RPA Developer

• 9.  RE: Power BI Dashboard real time integration

Posted 01-15-2021 11:18

It would definitely not be recommended to connect a dashboard to read directly from a production Blue Prism database. This can significantly impact the operational performance of Blue Prism and can result in failures executing processes.

The safest way to implement a dashboard would be to read the data from a replica of the production Blue Prism database, to achieve near real time reporting I would suggest looking into;

SQL Server Availability Group Readable Secondary Replicas

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/active-secondaries-readable-secondary-replicas-always-on-availability-groups?view=sql-server-ver15

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/configure-read-only-access-on-an-availability-replica-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

Transactional Replication

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/replication/transactional/transactional-replication?view=sql-server-ver15

Data Gateways may also be an option, with Data Gateways you can output Session Logs, Published Dashboards, Work Queue Item Snapshots along with custom data (when processes are integrated with the Data Gateways Internal Business Object). This data can be sent to files, Splunk, another SQL Server database or a HTTP endpoint in a JSON format. See the "User Guide - Data Gateways" document on the portal for more information on Data Gateways.

Regards

Chris McGowan
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Blue Prism

FAQ

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.