Blue Prism Product

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

This community covers the core Blue Prism RPA product.

• 1.  Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-26-2021 11:37
    I have to use an API which is Google hosted micro-service.
    For authentication, I have to generate a token(JWT) from Google Service Account.
    I have Private key Id, Private Key, client email, client id, auth_uri, Token_uri.
    Could you please help me how to get token with this details.
    Im using version 6.5.1

• 2.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-26-2021 13:14
    Are you using the Blue Prism Web API service feature to interact with this API? If so, have you tried creating a OAuth2 - JWT credential in Credential Manager with your details and associating that credential with your Web API?

Cheers,

------------------------------
    Eric Wilson
    Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
    Blue Prism

• 3.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-29-2021 11:11
    Hi Eric,

We need to generate a jwt token from this https://jwt.io/.
    Do we have provision to get such token in Blue Prism.

Regards,
    Sheela

Sheela Parthasarathy
    Assistant Consultant
    TCS
    Pacific/Apia

• 4.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-29-2021 14:29
    Yes, Blue Prism can deal with JWT. The question is, how are you trying to integrate with the Google micro service you mentioned? Are you working with a REST API or are you trying to do this via UI automation? If you're working with a RESTful API, are you using the Blue Prism Web API service feature (System -> Objects -> Web API Services) or are you using some other VBO?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
    Blue Prism

• 5.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-29-2021 18:06
    Hi Eric,
    It is REST API and I'm planning to do via Web API Services. But I was not sure how to generate token with details(like kid, sub, aud, exp) and how to pass the generated token in the api call.

Regards,
    Sheela

Sheela Parthasarathy
    Assistant Consultant
    TCS
    Pacific/Apia

• 6.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-29-2021 18:58
    Ok, if you're going to use the Web API services feature then what you want to do first is create a new entry in System -> Security -> Credentials. Define the credential as type OAuth 2.0 (JWT Bearer Token), fill in the Issuer and Private Key information. Also make sure to set the Access Rights so your Web API service definition will be able to use the credential.

Once you've done this, go to your Web API Service definition and on the Common Authentication page select OAuth 2.0 (JWT Bearer Token) from the Authentication Type dropdown. Fill in Authorization URI. If you happen to have values for Audience, Scope, and/or Subject, fill those in too. In the Credential dropdown, select the name of the credential you created in Credential Manager. That should be it. BP will take care of the details of issuing the auth request whenever you call any action on your Web API service definition.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
    Blue Prism

• 7.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-30-2021 15:58
      |   view attached
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response.
    My authentication is bit different. We are not provided/suppose to use Auth URI.
    Can you please refer the section 'Making an authenticated request to an Endpoints API'
    in below link, where it generates the token with private key, service account, audience& expiry And passes the token in Header as Authorization: Bearer ${TOKEN}

https://cloud.google.com/endpoints/docs/openapi/service-account-authentication#:~:text=see%20OpenAPI%20extensions.-,Making%20an%20authenticated%20request%20to%20an%20Endpoints%20API,the%20service%20account's%20private%20key.

For testing purpose, API team provided me a jar file to generate token in my windows desktop.
    I generated it manually and copied in WebAPi header as in screenshot attached.
    Could you please let me know if it is possible to generate token and pass it as header as above.

Sheela Parthasarathy
    Assistant Consultant
    TCS
    Pacific/Apia

• 8.  RE: Generate JWT using Google Service Account

Posted 03-30-2021 16:59
    If you can't use the onboard credential manager and Common Authentication features of Blue Prism, you'll have to use a separate library to generate your JWT's and pass those into your Web API service as an input item. This is basically the same idea as calling the JAR your API team gave you.

To do this you'll have to a VBO with a Code stage that implements the necessary logic. What that looks like will depend on which .NET library you choose to use. There are several listed on the jwt.io site.

Once you have that VBO in place, you'll call it first to generate the JWT and then pass it into the Web API. You could even make the VBO the sole interface and just have it wrap the Web API service interaction, so all you would have to interact with in your process in the VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
    Blue Prism

Welcome to the Blue Prism RPA Product Community!

Whether you’re looking to manage a complex infrastructure, maintain security and compliance, bring new products to market faster, or gain operational speed and agility in an uncertain economy, Blue Prism delivers — with the flexibility you need to create the business you want. From deployment on-premise, through a cloud service provider or as SaaS, to a skillful and adaptable digital workforce that continually expands to meet your enterprise needs, you can gain enhanced operational insight and control while your people reclaim the time they need to focus on great work.

Product PageKnowledge BaseBlue Prism Training Offering
Product Research ProgramUpdates, Releases & Announcements

FAQs

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism RPA can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism RPA can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.

Get the latest product updates from SS&C Blue Prism

Learn More