Blue Prism Product

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

This community covers the core Blue Prism product.

• 1.  Reading dynamic json format

Posted 03-25-2021 13:34
    Hi All,

I am using dot notation to extract JSON response property as mentioned below:

But the challenge here is id i.e. 123 is dynamic and when I am dynamically passing variable its not accepting it and throwing below error:

Can anybody help please ?

Regards,
    Chinu

------------------------------
    Chinu Bansal
    Developer
    Zensar
    Europe/London

• 2.  RE: Reading dynamic json format

Posted 03-26-2021 06:36
    /@Chinu Bansal - you could use  extract the value till JSON:Array in temp collection followed by Get collection field Action. add a logic to identify the field name as per requirement.​
    #coinchallenge
    Tushar Varshney
    Senior Consultant - Intelligent Automation
    Ernst & Young India
    +91-9880188366

• 3.  RE: Reading dynamic json format

Posted 03-26-2021 19:17
    I'd agree with Tushar's suggestion. Use a calculation stage to extract the collection up to the dynamic number, such as [col_JSON_Data.data.results.JSON:Array] and store that into a new different collection. Then you can loop through that new collection if needed and you can get data out of the fields by using the object 'Utility - Collection Manipulation' with the action 'Read Collection Field' which lets you dynamically specify the Field Name.

Edit: Reading your post again, it occurs to me that part of the issue is that it looks like you're actually trying to get a collection instead of a specific value even at the bottom of the hierarchy of nested collections. I'd say just use Calculation stages in order to extract nested collections, and that should get you what you need even if it feels a bit clunky.

Dave Morris
    Cano Ai
    Atlanta, GA

• 4.  RE: Reading dynamic json format

Posted 26 days ago
    Were you able to figure out this out? I'm facing the same issue.

Sandeep Nalla
    Senior Consultant
    Lateetud Inc
    America/New_York

• 5.  RE: Reading dynamic json format

Posted 25 days ago
    Ok, so to be honest the built in methods for interacting with JSON in BP are lacking. As you can see it does not handle dynamic JSON well and there is actually a few other problems (eg. JSON with Property Names that have periods in them) These will actually be put in Collection Field Headers so that you end up with a Collection Field Header named something like 'Email.Id' which if you then try to use dot notation with.... well, you'll have a nice headache. I'd strong recommended using a library like JSON.NET or Newtonsoft and building custom code stages for advanced JSON actions. For instance, you might want to build an action that checks if a JSON Property exists ^ would solve your problem, or to extract a specific value at a specific property, these are all easily doable with Newtonsoft and some C# or VB.NET. A lot of APIs that return JSON will return it dynamically simply to conserve processing power server side so in the long run this is the more scalable approach to things. If however this is truly a one off for you you're probably best doing some manipulation with collections and strings like people discussed above.

Erin Connerley
    Automation Consultant
    Agilify Automation
    America/Indiana/Indianapolis

Welcome to the Blue Prism Product Community!

Whether you’re looking to manage a complex infrastructure, maintain security and compliance, bring new products to market faster, or gain operational speed and agility in an uncertain economy, Blue Prism delivers — with the flexibility you need to create the business you want. From deployment on-premise, through a cloud service provider or as SaaS, to a skillful and adaptable digital workforce that continually expands to meet your enterprise needs, you can gain enhanced operational insight and control while your people reclaim the time they need to focus on great work.

Product PageKnowledge BaseBlue Prism Training Offering

FAQs

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.