Blue Prism Product

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

This community covers the core Blue Prism RPA product.

• 1.  SOAP Web Servicies - SOAP header section in a SOAP request.

Posted 10-20-2021 14:35
    Hi community,

to access a third-party SOAP Web service from Blue Prism, the easiest way to go is to use the SOAP WSDL of the web service and import it through Blue Prism System Manager. 

In our case, the mandatory subelement of the SOAP envelope is the SOAP header.
    WSDL indicate this headers by using a <soap:header> tag in the <wsdl:input> and <wsdl:output> elements in the WSDL file. But I have a feeling that BP feature  SOAP Web Servicies doesn't understand that, because the header attributes are not presented in the SOAP WS business object in development studio

Does anyone have any practical experience with this?

Jiri

------------------------------
    Jiri Hlucil
    Blue Prism Developer
    Sberbank CZ, a. s.
    Europe/Prague

• 2.  RE: SOAP Web Servicies - SOAP header section in a SOAP request.

Posted 10-21-2021 12:25
    Hi @Jiri Hlucil,

Can you share the WSDL you're working with, so we can test it? My guess is that you may have to open a ticket with support on this.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
    Director, Integrations and Enablement
    Blue Prism Digital Exchange

• 3.  RE: SOAP Web Servicies - SOAP header section in a SOAP request.
    Best Answer

Posted 10-22-2021 15:18
    Hi @Jiri Hlucil,

**Replying in the thread as DM's don't seem to work for me.**

Thank you for sharing the WSDL with me. Unfortunately, I cannot test with this as there are several referenced WSDL's within it. I would have to have all of the associated WSDL's.

As I mentioned in my previous post I'd suggest opening a ticket with support on this one. I have a feeling this is simply the way the logic for handling WSDLs works in Blue Prism.

As an alternative, you could look at generating the C# class(es) to handle this WSDL using the .NET tools like wsdl.exe or svcutil.exe. You could then copy those class definitions into a VBO definition in Blue Prism. There's more to it than what I've described, but it's an option if support comes back with "works as designed".

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
    Director, Integrations and Enablement
    Blue Prism Digital Exchange

• 4.  RE: SOAP Web Servicies - SOAP header section in a SOAP request.

Posted 10-26-2021 08:25
    Hi @Eric Wilson,

​thank you for your reply.
    Generating the C# class(es) to handle this WSDL using the .NET tools will probably be the only option in this case. The web service also uses WS-Security mechanisms, a security token (Username token) is inserted in the request message. Obviously WS-Security mechanisms BP SOAP Web service feature does not support. Is that right?

Best regards

Jiri Hlucil
    Blue Prism Developer
    Sberbank CZ, a. s.
    Europe/Prague

Welcome to the Blue Prism RPA Product Community!

Whether you’re looking to manage a complex infrastructure, maintain security and compliance, bring new products to market faster, or gain operational speed and agility in an uncertain economy, Blue Prism delivers — with the flexibility you need to create the business you want. From deployment on-premise, through a cloud service provider or as SaaS, to a skillful and adaptable digital workforce that continually expands to meet your enterprise needs, you can gain enhanced operational insight and control while your people reclaim the time they need to focus on great work.

Product PageKnowledge BaseBlue Prism Training Offering
Product Research ProgramUpdates, Releases & Announcements

FAQs

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism RPA can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism RPA can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.