Digital Exchange Community

DX_Community_Banner.png
Expand all | Collapse all

How to spy a dropdown on a Web Browser using BluePrism?

• 1.  How to spy a dropdown on a Web Browser using BluePrism?

Posted 09-07-2019 12:01

I am a beginner RPA Developer, and the RPA Software that my company uses is BluePrism. Now, I have this project (actually my first project ever) that needs to interact with an in-house Application, and it has a lot of dropdown entries, where you can only select or click the options, not allowed to type anything. I got stalled on spying that dropdown and thinking how do I select the correct option inside that dropdown.

I have tried everything that our trainer have taught us, but I still can't get it working.

--------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by Rdee Cruz.

• 2.  RE: How to spy a dropdown on a Web Browser using BluePrism?

Posted 09-18-2019 18:17
    Spy the drop-down as you normally would with Application Modeller (click Identify, Ctrl+Click the drop-down). The drop-down should be identified as an HTML Combo Box. Here is what my Application Modeller looks like when I spy the drop-down item on http://hist.io, a useful page for experimenting with HTML webpages:

Application Modeller

Then drag a Navigate stage into your Object's action. Pull in the Combo Box element you spied above, and set the action to Select Item and set one of the Inputs. In my example below, I simply set Item Text to a value of Option Two, which is one of the available values to select from the Combo Box. When I run my action, this Navigate stage selects Option Two from the Combo Box.

Navigate Stage
    Cheers.

------------------------------
    Charles Kovacs
    Developer Consultant
    Blue Prism
    America/Chicago
    ------------------------------