Digital Exchange

Expand all | Collapse all

MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

• 1.  MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

Posted 07-25-2019 19:15
    Hi guys,

I have been using MAPIEX for my emails and now trying to move to MS Outlook VBO. However, when I try to do anything with it there is an error:  Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component.

I tried to look up this issue, from the old threads I found that it could be a dll issue. I am using BP v 6.4 and it comes with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll. Am I missing anything else? Does MS Outlook VBO support v6.4? On the Digital Exchange site it shows only supporting v6.1 v6.1 v6.2 v6.3

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Eric Liu

• 2.  RE: MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

Posted 07-25-2019 19:30
    check whether Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll file is added in MS Outlook VBO - On Initialise page -> Code options tab.
    if not add the file and try.

Akash Suhag
    RPA Developer
    Webonise Labs
    Asia/Kolkata

• 3.  RE: MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

Posted 07-25-2019 20:04
    Hi Akash,

Yes,  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll is added as one of the external references. Also  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook is added in namespace imports.

Eric Liu
    RPA Developer
    Fidelity Investment Canada
    America/Toronto

• 4.  RE: MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

Posted 07-26-2019 06:07
    Yes, MS Outlook VBO is supported in by version 6.4. It's better to switch over to Outlook VBO than using MapiEx.

Gopal Bhaire
    Analyst
    Accenture

• 5.  RE: MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

Posted 10-17-2019 16:00
    I was also struggling with this error and just discovered this morning that despite Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll being in my GAC the "MS Outlook Email VBO" didn't stop having compile errors until I placed a copy of this DLL in the same directory as Automate.exe.  I even tried copying it to c:\windows\system32 but with no luck.

~E

Erik Stonebreaker
    Solution Architect
    SunTrust
    America/New_York