Blue Prism For Good

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

This community covers the Blue Prism for Good program.

Expand all | Collapse all

EY Smart Futures Comments/Feedback

• 1.  EY Smart Futures Comments/Feedback

Posted 07-30-2020 13:10
    What a great 3 days! This week Blue Prism for Good welcomed students as part of a EY Smart Futures scheme. 

During this time I got to take part as a mentor for one of the students and what a great experience that was. As someone new to the working world, I felt it was really important for me to get involved and share some of my experiences. I really enjoyed listening to what my mentee has planned for their future education and career and look forward to keeping updated with this over the next ten months. 

As well as this, I also listened to the students' answers to a challenge that was presented to them by Blue Prism. This challenge was to think and present ideas about where automation can be used in society. Listening to their new and innovative ideas for automation impressed us all at Blue Prism and I look forward to seeing where they all end up in the future!

I would really like to hear the feedback from others who took part, so please comment yours below!

------------------------------
    Mariella Joseph
    Blue Prism Communities

• 2.  RE: EY Smart Futures Comments/Feedback

Posted 07-30-2020 13:39
    I couldn't agree more @Mariella Joseph.

This program has been an amazing experience and I'm really looking forward to this journey and helping my mentee fulfil his career objectives. Despite having only just recently started my professional career I'm confident we will be able to assist out mentees with the queries they have. In the occasion that we are unable to answer, BP has plethora of SMEs willing to get involved and help.  As a mentor I see myself as a confidant who gives direction and options; however, at the end of the day, the mentee will make his own choices  and I can't wait to see what the future holds. 

Additionally, I believe I will also learn a lot from my mentee. The projects delivered by the students went beyond my expectations, everyone was extremely innovative and defied the status quo and art of the possible.   

Carlota Ortiz

• 3.  RE: EY Smart Futures Comments/Feedback

Posted 07-31-2020 11:20
    I complete agree @Mariella Joseph@Carlota Ortiz 

I feel so lucky to have been asked to be a mentor for the incredible students that took part in this programme. Over the last two weeks, I got to know my mentee and hear about their interests and aspirations for the future and work out how best I can support them with this. 

It was also great for me to help teach them about how and why I joined Blue Prism, what my education and career path were and explain that no one route is ever the same or 'correct'. Additionally, getting asked questions about the RPA field reaffirmed by knowledge and was so great to see how much the students had learned about automation and new AI technologies in just three days!  

I'm very excited to see how far these students will go - not only in the next 10 months of mentoring they have with us but their future careers. I feel very lucky that the EY foundation & Blue Prism has given me the opportunity to give back and help inspire the leaders of the future.  

​​​

Crystal Tweddle
    EMEA Associate 
    Global Support, Blue Prism For Good

Blue Prism For Good

The Blue Prism For Good initiative addresses four distinct areas: Charity & Fundraising, Inclusivity, Supporting not-for-profits, and Education. These are unified by our vision to unleash society’s full potential and inspire the future of work through automation. As a predominantly grassroots movement, all suggestions and ideas for volunteering are welcomed.

What is BPFG? BPFG in IndiaBPFG LinkedIn