Blue Prism For Good

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

This community covers the Blue Prism for Good program.

Expand all | Collapse all

I've a scenario where I want to generate a sequential number and facing a challenge as mentioned below.

• 1.  I've a scenario where I want to generate a sequential number and facing a challenge as mentioned below.

Posted 07-20-2021 14:17
    I have a scenario where I want to generate a sequential number and facing a challenge as mentioned below.

I have a 10 digit number with preceding zeroes for e.g. 0000000001 and I want to increment it by 1 so my result should be 0000000002 and so and so on. It's quite simple to increment number with calc stage but with blue prism, it removes the leading zero by default when I increment. Since leading zero to number is useless when doing ToNumber and increment blue prism gives output as "2" but I want output as "0000000002".

This is quite obvious behavior but how can I achieve this use case using blue prism?

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Tejaskumar Darji
    Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

• 2.  RE: I've a scenario where I want to generate a sequential number and facing a challenge as mentioned below.

Posted 07-20-2021 17:26
    Hi TejasKumar,
    if you can accept the result as a text then use the below VB code

Decimal add = input + 1;
    result = add.ToString("000000000");

Jerin Jose
    RPA Product SME
    EY
    Asia/Kolkata
    *"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

• 3.  RE: I've a scenario where I want to generate a sequential number and facing a challenge as mentioned below.

Posted 07-20-2021 18:05
    Thanks for the answer. But my string length would change if my input is 0000000009 and the next increment would make it 10 and then code adds leading 9 zeroes resulting string be 11 lengths instead of 10.

Thanks & Regards,
    Tejaskumar Darji
    Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

• 4.  RE: I've a scenario where I want to generate a sequential number and facing a challenge as mentioned below.

Posted 07-20-2021 20:39
    Try using the PadLeft action in Utility - Strings. You can specify how long you want the string to be as well as the character you want to pad the string with.

Patrick Aucoin
    Product Manager
    Blue Prism

Blue Prism For Good

The Blue Prism For Good initiative addresses four distinct areas: Charity & Fundraising, Inclusivity, Supporting not-for-profits, and Education. These are unified by our vision to unleash society’s full potential and inspire the future of work through automation. As a predominantly grassroots movement, all suggestions and ideas for volunteering are welcomed.

What is BPFG? BPFG in IndiaBPFG LinkedIn