Decipher

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

A community for Blue Prism Decipher users.

• 1.  Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-09-2021 12:46
    Hi
    I have a scenario  where  I will read  values from a table which spread to  multiple pages in the pdf .
    Decipher considering the footer values also  as a table data. how to avoid this  footer values ?
    In the  given image decipher read yellow color data correctly , but red  underlined data also reading as table item which is not correct
    Any advise to handle it ?

------------------------------
    Krishna Elapavuluri RPA Solution Lead
    TEchnology Consultant
    DXC.technology
    Asia/Kolkata

• 2.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-09-2021 14:46
    Hi Krishna.

How many documents have you used to train Decipher? I have worked with multi-page invoices and Decipher was able to learn the table boundaries after going through a handful of the documents.

jack

Jack Look
    Sr Product Consultant
    Blue Prism

• 3.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-09-2021 15:05

Hi Jack,

I have processed 30+ documents of same vendor.

Thanks

Krishna

SKF

DXC Technology

T +91 99000 63042
    Krishna-mohan.elapavuluri@dxc.com

DXC.com | Twitter* | Facebook* | LinkedIn* | Campaign Promotion*

Planned Leave: 14th Oct,  2nd &3rd Nov

Company Holidays: 10th Sep, 15th Oct, 1st Nov and 4th Nov.

• 4.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-09-2021 15:11
    Hi Krishna.

Thirty docs should be enough. You could try using the misc param "BottomStop". I have not had to use it but see if it does the trick.

You'll find info on it here: Miscellaneous parameters (blueprism.com)

jack

Jack Look
    Sr Product Consultant
    Blue Prism

• 5.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-11-2021 09:31
    Thanks Jack,
    looks this BottomStop is to stop lower lines
    Still I tried, result is that , it stopping to read the other lines from next page onwards.

TEchnology Consultant
    DXC.technology
    Asia/Kolkata

• 6.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-13-2021 20:54
    Hi Krishna.

I thought that might be the result but I wanted you to give it a try nonetheless.

The only thing I can think of is to keep pushing more representative documents through Decipher for training. I've had the same experience you have had but I was able to train Decipher to ignore them.

When you run your next doc, if the table is incorrectly mapped, delete the table and remap it yourself, taking care to only select the correct lines. It seems that deleting the table when it gets misread by Decipher helps in training.

jack

Jack Look
    Sr Product Consultant
    Blue Prism

• 7.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-14-2021 08:15
    Hi Krishna,

There's an option similar to BottomStop, but instead it skips any text area where it finds a specific word.

RowAreaExcludeValues

You can use this to say RowAreaExcludeValues=Tel in the Misc Params fields of the column where this might appear.

Note this can only be used for single words and not phrases.

Thanks

Ben

Ben Lyons
    Product Consultant
    Blue Prism
    UK

• 8.  RE: Reading of table values in multi pages- How to avoid footer information

Posted 09-14-2021 13:15
    Hi Jack/Ben

I  achieved with by adding 358 as exclude value . how ever this kind of number never expect in  my orders.
    now i am able to skip footer information

TEchnology Consultant
    DXC.technology
    Asia/Kolkata

Welcome to the Blue Prism Decipher Community

Blue Prism Decipher IDP is Intelligent Document Processing for Blue Prism RPA. This is a community for Decipher users to get support and discuss the implementation and usage of product.

This community has been set up so that we continue to work closely with our Decipher users, both new and established. As our members join, we will be using this community to share information, and also hope this will allow all members to discuss ideas and issues around Decipher.

Decipher IDP Resources

Download DecipherProduct HelpBrochureOne-Sheet

FAQs

Decipher IDP is a Blue Prism product for Intelligent Document Processing. It allows organizations to easily extract, analyse and understand data from a range of documents whether these are PDFs, email attachements, or even scanned paperwork.
Decipher IDP is currently available without additional cost to Blue Prism customers with Production or Business-Critical support.
Please contact your Blue Prism Account Manager or Customer Success Director for information on accessing Decipher. They will be able to request a license key which is required to be able to install Decipher IDP.
Yes, a trial version is available for Blue Prism customers. Please contact your Blue Prism Account Manager or Customer Success Director for information on accessing Decipher. We are planning to offer a trial version available for download from our DX later this year.
All documentation for Decipher IDP is available online on BP DOCS.
An extended FAQ can be found here.
Decipher IDP is currently available for Blue Prism Enterprise customer for on-premise installation.