Decipher

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

A community for Blue Prism Decipher users.

• 1.  Unable to Install Decipher License Service

Posted 06-22-2021 15:00
      |   view attached
    Hi ,
    I am getting the attached error while trying to uninstall decipher licensing service. I tried to uninstall using windows add/remove programs or by using the installer but I keep getting the attached error. Not sure if the key mentioned in the screenshot is sensitive, I had hidden it for now.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
    Sandeep S

------------------------------
    Sandeep Satish
    Asia/Kolkata

• 2.  RE: Unable to Install Decipher License Service

Posted 06-22-2021 15:22
    Hi Sandeep,

I can't say that I've seen this issue before and assuming speed is of the essence I would recommend raising a support ticket.

Alternatively contacting your internal IT department, as they may also be able to shed some light.

Regards

Ben Lyons
    Product Consultant
    Blue Prism
    UK

• 3.  RE: Unable to Install Decipher License Service

Posted 06-30-2021 14:22
    Hi Sandeep

I have just experienced exactly the same issue whilst installing the Licensing Service.

During the installation the installation wizard stated that .Net Framework 4.7.2 was not installed.  We had to abort the install so that the required framework version could be installed.  Unfortunately the Licensing Service continued to install but has left the service in a partially installed state.  We are now unable to Uninstall, Remove, Change or Repair the install.  On each attempt the Installer states that a Fatal Error has Occurred  and in the logs it states The key {xxxxxxxxxxxxxx} was not found in the key ring.

I have had to raise a support ticket to find out how we can uninstall the service cleanly.

If anyone has any ideas please do let us know.

Howard Blake
    RPA Development Lead
    Sopra Steria
    Europe/London

• 4.  RE: Unable to Install Decipher License Service

Posted 06-30-2021 16:20
    Hi ,
    I was able to get the issue fixed. However it needed a complete server restore.
    I requested IT team, to recover the server state with the date and time which was just before I did the license server installation.

Post that I made sure that .NET 7.2 is installed 1st and then the Decipher License Software. I know that this is the last resort but I tried for hours to find a way for clean uninstall of the License service and nothing worked.

I was able to complete the full installation of all services later.

Thanks
    Sandeep S

Sandeep Satish
    Asia/Kolkata

• 5.  RE: Unable to Install Decipher License Service

Posted 05-04-2022 17:09
    Hi Howard

I've just stumbled upon the same issue and opened a ticket with support but got no answer so far.
    Did you ever get a resolution?

thanks
    Carol

Carol Ouellet
    RPA Architect
    IBM
    America/New_York

Welcome to the Blue Prism Decipher Community

Blue Prism Decipher IDP is Intelligent Document Processing for Blue Prism RPA. This is a community for Decipher users to get support and discuss the implementation and usage of product.

This community has been set up so that we continue to work closely with our Decipher users, both new and established. As our members join, we will be using this community to share information, and also hope this will allow all members to discuss ideas and issues around Decipher.

Decipher IDP Resources

Download DecipherProduct HelpBrochureOne-Sheet

FAQs

Decipher IDP is a Blue Prism product for Intelligent Document Processing. It allows organizations to easily extract, analyse and understand data from a range of documents whether these are PDFs, email attachements, or even scanned paperwork.
Decipher IDP is currently available without additional cost to Blue Prism customers with Production or Business-Critical support.
Please contact your Blue Prism Account Manager or Customer Success Director for information on accessing Decipher. They will be able to request a license key which is required to be able to install Decipher IDP.
Yes, a trial version is available for Blue Prism customers. Please contact your Blue Prism Account Manager or Customer Success Director for information on accessing Decipher. We are planning to offer a trial version available for download from our DX later this year.
All documentation for Decipher IDP is available online on BP DOCS.
An extended FAQ can be found here.
Decipher IDP is currently available for Blue Prism Enterprise customer for on-premise installation.