Community Chat

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

A space for discussion around the Community site and programs.

• 1.  Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-13-2020 15:28
    Hi everybody!

We are keen to hear if you name your digital workers. Here at Blue Prism we have named ours after the royal family.

Please share your stories below!

------------------------------
    Norah Alsudani
    Communities Strategy Director
    Blue Prism
    london

• 2.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-18-2020 15:37
    I have encouraged some clients in the past to use names for robots, as it creates a more personal relationship, and improves buy in from people in the business (and in my experience this really seems to work).

One client in London called their first robot "Blue" - and he won team member of the month in December 2018.

One client in Copenhagen I worked with called their first 2 robots Robot Redford and Robot Downey Junior, still my favourite robot names to this day!

Willem Borgesius
    Technical Director
    Delta4Services
    Europe/London

• 3.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-18-2020 23:26
    Robot Downey Junior, hahahahaha!

I've encountered very different reactions from one client to another regarding special names for digital workers. Some orgs seem to want the digital worker names to be indistinguishable from humans, and others want them to be very distinct. Before Willem's comment about Robot Downey Junior stole first place in my eyes, I think my favorite that I heard about was an organization naming robots after cartoon characters. So they had Fred Flintstone​, Barney Rubble, etc.

I agree that it increases business buy in for them to be able to name the robot users.

Dave Morris
    3Ci @ Southern Company
    Atlanta, GA

• 4.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 10-06-2020 12:39
    Brilliant names Willem! Much better than the boring old ROB_01 and ROB_02 ;)

Usman Azim

• 5.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-19-2020 03:20
    One of my client named their workers

Cindy, Catherine, Catty and Capsule :)

Don't know why they had inclination towards feminine names starting with "C" only. But yes, it was fun to hear "Cindy completed 200 cases today" for example.
    It was amazing to report, Catherine was working at 90% utilization and so on... :)

Vivek Goel
    "If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

• 6.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-19-2020 09:22
    One of our Scottish clients has a robot named Botty Mc Botface. We another client who has one called Ann Droid which I liked!

And you couldn't make this one up...

We have a potential NHS client (UK National Health Service) where we are talking with a stakeholder from the Colorectal department. He already knows that he wants to call his robot Tom. Or Bot Tom to give him his full name. We're working hard to make that sale. This needs to happen :-)

Robin Parker

• 7.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-19-2020 14:42
    We have given our virtual BOT name as "Donald" and "Elsa" for one of our UK client.

Debashis Ghosh

• 8.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 02-26-2020 07:28
    Hi Norah,

I worked with one client who had the robots named after Disney characters. They had a big welcoming on the office when we put the first process in production :)

David Rubiano
    Senior Consultant
    Capgemini
    Europe/Stockholm

• 9.  RE: Do you name your digital workers?

Posted 03-02-2020 15:57
    Thanks for your input everyone! I particularly loved the Bot Tom and Robot Downey Junior names.  From our experience, using names helps to break down some of the change anxiety that automation represents and introduces to the company, by giving it a light hearted persona.  That persona can then post updates on social, intranets or emails and keep people in the loop. We've found our Digital workers have a huge following and we even made tshirts which we sold for charity - and they sold out in a day! It's a great way to get wider buy in and boost your followership.

Keen to hear more of your stories so please send over if you have more.

Matt Juden-Bloomfield
    Head of RPA
    Blue Prism
    Europe/London

Welcome to Community Chat!

A space for non-technical chat, tips for using the Community, and news from the Blue Prism Community Team.

This is not a Community for technical or Product related discussion. For a list of available communities, please visit our site map.

Introduce YourselfCommunity Quick TipsWomen in RPA