Community Chat

last person joined: yesterday 

A space for discussion around the Community site and programs.

• 1.  Attend Blue Prism World 2021 and get a Community badge!

Posted 05-05-2021 17:05

Have you registered for Blue Prism World 2021?

If you're ready to take your automation initiative to the next level, accelerate your unique digital strategy based on expert guidance, and transform the lives of your employees and customers, you don't want to miss our seventh annual, global networking and learning event.

Join us virtually May 18 - 20, 2021, to explore the many benefits of the intelligent automation revolution, keep learning and networking.

And the learning and networking do not have to end - all Blue Prism Community members attending Blue Prism World 2021 will receive a Community badge commemorating their attendance - once BPW is finished, keep an eye out for other users with this badge, and send them a message about their favorite part of the event!

We would also like to remind you that this year Blue Prism World will be hosting 3 virtual 24H Challenges for global teams to work together and design the best process possible using Blue Prism. Registration for the Challenges is almost full now, but there are still some spots available for the "Robo-pairs! A memory game" Challenge. Find out more information about the Challenge and register your team here - don't miss out!

------------------------------
    Lorena Seco de Herrera Ortega
    Community Associate
    Blue Prism

• 2.  RE: Attend Blue Prism World 2021 and get a Community badge!

Posted 05-21-2021 07:38
    Summary:
    Day one: ok, nothing special or new
    Day two: couldn't join - duty called...I'll check out the recordings
    Day three: black screen, no sound, no chat, retried several times before giving up. Apart from that, on day three the 'local' times as shown in the session were wrong (they were correct the other days and I did not change time-zone.)

Badge:
    MIA...

Conclusion:

I had the pleasure to join a large number of conferences turned digital (US, EU, Germany and Sweden) since march 2020, BPW is nowhere near the top. 

My BPW plan for next year:

Register as usual, ignore all sessions and get some work done instead, check out the recordings later.

Happy coding!
    Paul
    Sweden

• 3.  RE: Attend Blue Prism World 2021 and get a Community badge!

Posted 05-26-2021 11:33
    Hi Paul, 
    Thanks for your feedback.
    In terms of 'new' we announced four key things at the event - a new solution with AWS and Service Assist, our new V7 platform, a new distribution agreement with Starlink, and our recent boost in leadership in the Americas (maybe less relevant for someone in EMEA). If you would like a further discussion re the new product items, let us know.
    In terms of access, a small number of participants browsers seemed to have stored cookies which made access to the event difficult, unless they cleared cookies and cache, for some they also had to switch browser and reset. As I am sure you can appreciate it would neither be possible, or correct for us to circumvent these on peoples desktops, I am sorry this affected you on day three.
    We have some emerging plans for next year, which we will be pleased to share in due course, and many of us hope to be back in person in some way, shape or form.
    Paul.

Paul Taylor

• 4.  RE: Attend Blue Prism World 2021 and get a Community badge!

Posted 05-26-2021 12:28
    Thanks for the info Paul.

Unfortunately, due to me working in the finance industry, we will always be N versions behind, where N>4. As a result of this, most of the current new stuff will become available for me in a few years. This obviously is my problem and has nothing to do with BP or BPW. However, also due to this industry, I do not have full access to browsers and browser-features and am generally reluctant to clear cookies and cache as this will later present me with other issues beyond my control.

But I perhaps made the mistake assuming this event would be like all other events I tend register for and join. Nine outa ten cases, they are split up in manager, sales and development sessions, each providing matching content. Needless to say I'm not a fan of sales or manager sessions...  :-)

On the positive side: As I after four years BP:ing still have no access to any BP downloadable documents or anything else downloadable, I was pleasantly surprised when I was allowed to join BPW already at the first day as I was expected no access here too.  

As I wrote earlier, the 'My local time' in the BPW agenda was off by an hour. I would propose adding CET (Central European Time) instead of 'My local time' as it would be easy for any Europeans (dunno if there were any...?) to convert to their correct local time. Or why not let everyone pick her/his own time on the agenda-page, alternatively show agenda-items exclusively in the local time in Cooladdi, Australia and have the public figure out their local time from that? My point being that if you show 'My local time' on the agenda, please make sure it is correct. :-)    (Yes, I've correctly filled out my time zone on my profile)

Happy coding!
    Paul
    Sweden

Welcome to Community Chat!

A space for non-technical chat, tips for using the Community, and news from the Blue Prism Community Team.

This is not a Community for technical or Product related discussion. For a list of available communities, please visit our site map.

Introduce YourselfCommunity Quick TipsWomen in RPA