Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with Notepad Business Object option

• 1.  Problem with Notepad Business Object option

Posted 04-17-2019 13:51
    Hello, I am a new user of Blue prism and RPA. I am having two problems with the software, hope you can help me.  I am learning from the Foundation course file from Blue Prism homepage.  1. Exercise 5.2.2 (p50-51) Notepad business object It asks me to Go to Studio -> open the example Notepad business object -> select Launch and Go button -> €¦  I got stuck from 2 first steps. I don't know why when I try to File -> Open (Ctrl O), it just moves from Home -> Studio tab, no pop up windows (like when you open Word, Excel, etc.)  2. Exercise 5.1.3 (p52) Action stages It asks me to Create a new process -> add a new Action stage -> (3) Open Action Properties + Select Notepad from the Business Object list -> Notice how Action list changes €¦  I got stuck in the (3). I cannot see any Notepad option.  I enclosed an image file. Please help me with this. Thank you so much. 

• 2.  1) Sounds like you may have…

Posted 04-17-2019 14:21
    1) Sounds like you may have an older version of the training. To open a process or object you just double click it in the list. 2) The object must already exist in the DB, it's park of the training package.

• 3.  RE: 1) Sounds like you may have…

Posted 06-26-2020 17:36
    I am having the same issue. Can you please tell me where I can find the files of the default objects that I should import to blueprism??
    Instead of starting the whole course again, I would prefer to import the files now.

------------------------------
    Eduardo Luiz Cabral da Silva

• 4.  Thank you for your response…

Posted 04-17-2019 14:30
    Thank you for your response. Could you show me the directory of the object or something else? I don't really understand this part. Or is this also about the obsolete training guidebook? I still cannot find Notepad. 

• 5.  RE: Thank you for your response…

Posted 09-19-2019 10:02
    There is a "Foundation Training Setup.bprelease" file in the training pack.  File -> import, to import the file, after that you will file Notepad business object in the Studio

Dilly Shum

• 6.  RE: Thank you for your response…

Posted 09-19-2019 11:48
    Hello and welcome in the big BP family!

I suggest to take it step by step by taking foundation course and to understand each parts what they do.

Is not that the tool, here is just a lack of knowledge you need to study, understand and do the job done!

Welcome and take it easy!

Repetitio est mader studiorum!

Ionut Cohen