Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

SharePoint VBO?

Ajish Chandrababu10-03-2017 19:38

Raahul C10-05-2017 12:58

• 1.  SharePoint VBO?

Posted 09-29-2017 09:23
    All, Is there a SharePoint VBO available with Blue Prism? if so, where can I download it from ? Thanks Ajish

• 2.  anyone please?

Posted 10-03-2017 19:38
    anyone please?

• 3.  what u need to do in

Posted 10-05-2017 12:58
    what u need to do in sharepoint ?

• 4.  There is no ""official

Posted 10-10-2017 13:05
    There is no ""official"" SharePoint VBO that I'm aware of, but SharePoint has a well documented REST API that exposes most functionality. See MSDN or ask a more specific question and I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction.

• 5.  Can you map the Sharepoint

Posted 10-10-2017 17:12
    Can you map the Sharepoint folder to be a network drive on your computer and then just use the standard Utility - File Management VBO? I have done that previously and it worked well.

• 6.  RE: Can you map the Sharepoint

Posted 09-30-2019 16:51

I know this has been some time but I am trying to upload a folder from a local machine to a sharepoint folder. When I navigate to the folder in my file explorer it works, but if I give that sharepoint filepath to blueprism for standard file management utility, it doesn't seem to find it.

What do you mean by 'mapping' a sharepoint folder to be a network drive? Do I need to do something specific for that? Hope you can help. 

------------------------------
    Nanne van der Wal
    Advisor
    EY
    Europe/Amsterdam

• 7.  Denis, have you come across…

Posted 12-11-2018 20:53
    Denis, have you come across a situation where you've needed to update/manage SharePoint file/directory permissions in Blue Prism? We're currently trying to find the best way to go about accomplishing this and would appreciate any guidance. 

• 8.  @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 12-11-2018 21:07
    @CaryH, Denis is right on the money -- you can browse to any SharePoint directory via file explorer, which means you can also map it to a network drive. Just ensure that the WebClient service is running in order for this to work.   The only caveat to this, is that I had to write a batch file script to run on login which would open the network path in a file explorer window, then close said window. If you don't do anything to refresh this connection on login (note: locking the screen does not affect this), then Blue Prism will fail to navigate to the directory.

• 9.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 07-16-2019 11:55
    Hi @Ami Barrett, can you provide the script file you used to open and close the windows​? Or specifically, what you used to close them? I have a process that requires files to be moved to several different sharepoint locations, and I am experiencing the issue you describe where it can't navigate to it. I have worked out how to get them to open, but not close, and with a potential 50 different file paths I can't leave them sitting open once they've been connected to.

Dianna Bartlett
    Robotics Developer
    LBG
    Europe/London

• 10.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 07-16-2019 16:07
    You'll need to change a couple spots on this batch file. The first line dictates the path of the folder, which in my case is the sharepoint set up as a network drive of W:\ . The end of this where it says "RPA*" is just the start of the Window title. The timeout may vary based on system and/or startup times, but without it the script will execute too fast for it to close anything.

start w:\
    timeout 2
    taskkill /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq RPA*"​

Ami Barrett
    Lead RPA Software Developer
    Solai & Cameron
    America/Chicago

• 11.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 09-26-2019 19:00
    Hi,

The above solution will help us to get the files from share point location  through file explorer but If I have 100 paths I cannot map 100 drivers in to Network .What would be the best approach for this scenario?

Harish
    RPA Developer

• 12.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 09-26-2019 20:54
    Is this all on the same sharepoint? If so, just make a drive mapping to the highest-level directory and go from there. Treat it like you would any other drive or directory.

Ami Barrett
    Solai & Cameron
    Richardson, TX

• 13.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 09-26-2019 21:23
    Hi Ami ,

Thanks for the response. No, its not the same share point location. I was aware we can navigate from the highest level directory to different  sub directory or sub folders bu I was not sure how we can do if we have some thing like 90 or 100 totally different or unrelated URL's. because  I think there is some limit like 24 or 25 drivers only we were able to create in one machine.

Harish
    RPA Developer

• 14.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 09-26-2019 21:28
    If you really have that many different locations, that's an unusually obscene number. You may just have to teach the bot to use the web interface at that point.

Alternatively, rather than setting up shared drives, you could probably pass the path to a modified version of the script above to make it connect, then use BP's file actions to reach the path.

Ami Barrett
    Solai & Cameron
    Richardson, TX

• 15.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 10-25-2019 21:54

You could use Symbolic links to map network drives. This could be useful if you have used all the 26 mapped drives.

https://superuser.com/questions/210824/creating-a-symbolic-link-to-mapped-network-drive-in-windows 

Sandeep Nalla
    Senior Consultant
    Lateetud Inc
    America/New_York

• 16.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 02-11-2020 08:46
    Edited by Sourabh Das 8 days ago
    @Ami Barrett Can you please share the entire batch script to make this work, the challenge  i am facing is when ever i restart my citrix vda's I am loosing connection to that mapped shared drive.

Sourabh Das
    Tech Arch/Tech Lead
    Wipro Limited
    Asia/Kolkata

• 17.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 02-11-2020 21:08
    The code I previously shared is the entire batch file. Is there something not working on it for you?

Ami Barrett
    Sr Product Consultant
    Blue Prism
    Plano, TX

• 18.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 02-26-2020 00:47
    Do you have a solution for retrieving SharePoint List Items?

Faraz Ahmed Hussain Mohammed

• 19.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 02-26-2020 03:52
    Hi, You can download the sharepoint VBO from DX and try it out.

Vivek Goel
    "If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

• 20.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 02-26-2020 15:34
    ​To Accomplish this on one of our projects, we used Utility - HTTP > HTTP Request. Then convert JSON to Collection with Utility - JSON. This has been very reliable.

Billy Marsh
    Delivery Lead
    Computershare
    America/Denver

• 21.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 05-27-2020 06:34
    @Vivek Goel @Billy Marsh​​ - Kindly suggest if above VBO or HTTP utility will be able to download file or upload file to share point as well?

Mayank Goyal

• 22.  RE: @CaryH, Denis is right on…

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi everyone,

The SharePoint Skill on DX suggested by @Vivek Goel should solve this problem. It's pretty well-documented but you'll need the help of your organization's SharePoint administrators in order to generate API keys and set it up. Once that's done, you can use it to download and upload files to SharePoint. This should be a much more robust and stable solution than mapping the SharePoint drive or synchronizing with OneDrive.

Cheers!

Sam Assaf
    Senior
    EY
    Montreal QC