Blue Prism Product

• 1.  Warning Status in Blue Prism Database

Posted 03-14-2019 23:11
    I'm playing around with the concept of building a process that will monitor the control room for items in 'Warning' status and take steps to resolve the issue. However, I'm struggling with understanding a key part of the database. I found a table of status types, with 0 being pending, 1 being running, etc., but do not see anything for warning status. Is anyone able to explain to me how the control room is updated to label a status from 'Running' to 'Warning' when the warning threshold is exceeded? Is there a query in the database that would find such items in warning status?

• 2.  I haven't gone in to look at…

Posted 03-18-2019 20:51
    I haven't gone in to look at the tables yet so I could be completely wrong with what I'm about to say. I just keep forgetting to check the DB when I'm at my personal computer since I don't have direct access to the DB at the moment. I'm guessing that it's not using the word 'Warning' at the database level. I guess there could be a status field that is updated with that word or with a number that relates to that status, but more likely the UI is displaying 'Warning' when the 'Latest Stage' field has been the same for at least 5 minutes (by default) by comparing the session 'Start Time' and the 'Stage Started' time.

• 3.  Sorry, I said that wrong. It…

Posted 03-18-2019 20:53
    Sorry, I said that wrong. It would be comparing the 'Stage Started' time and the current time.

• 4.  Can confirm you're correct…

Posted 04-18-2019 01:44
    Can confirm you're correct David! You basically have to replicate the same warning logic in your own monitoring solution.

• 5.  RE: Can confirm you're correct…

Posted 07-26-2019 19:34
    Here is a KB article that helps explain the warning status within Blue Prism: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1171547642

The 'Warning' state in Control Room is calculated in the application by comparing the 'lastupdated' and 'warningthreshold' fields on BPASession with the current time. Therefore, if the 'lastupdated' time is longer ago than the 'warningthreshold', then you will get the Warning status. The 'Warning' state itself is not stored in a field in the database.

------------------------------
    Regards,

David Flores
    Sr. Product Consultant
    blue prism

• 6.  RE: Can confirm you're correct…

Posted 07-26-2019 21:06
    Hi David I recently started working on BOT Wrangler, I was stuck at Warning Query. This helps Thanks for the Info

Rajesh kumar Muthineni
    RPA Developer
    Highmark Health
    America/Chicago

• 7.  RE: Can confirm you're correct…

Posted 07-27-2019 02:03

Tried running the attached process with 400 sec sleep, after 300 secs which is more than Thresholdwarning (300) Status changed to Warning.

datediff(ss, max(Session.lastupdated), CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) > Max Sleep or Wait in any Process should give the Accurate warning Processes

Note for Viewers - Test and Implement  

Thank you,
    Rajesh kumar Muthineni
    RPA Developer
    Highmark Health
    America/Chicago