Control Room & Scheduler

Expand all | Collapse all

Login Agent Operation Timeout

• 1.  Login Agent Operation Timeout

Posted 12-04-2019 10:09
    Hi,

I have a Login Agent process running daily before my main process. 

It fails randomly once in a week with Operation Timeout error. Is this a known issue? A quick search through multiple RPA forums suggest to restart the server when this happen. However, restart of server requires escalation in my client's operation process. Hence, restarting the server when this happens is not a solution.

Is there any other way to increase the resiliency of the Login Agent process?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Jun Xiang Ang

• 2.  RE: Login Agent Operation Timeout

Posted 12-04-2019 11:07
    Hi Jun,

check if there is any GPO changes happening which introduces ALT+DEL+CTRL for interactive logon or are there any logon messages (Disclaimer/ widows update pop up Banner)
    which prevents the completion of login agent process. restarting the bpserver is not going to help you anyway.​

Jerin Jose
    RPA Product SME
    EY
    Asia/Kolkata

• 3.  RE: Login Agent Operation Timeout

Posted 12-04-2019 21:45

I have had that issue as well. Login Agent failure seems to be completely random. I couldn't replicate that issue. There's no CTRL+ALT+DEL on our runtime resources.  As Jerin mentioned, there could be windows update popup banner which could've been the issue, as there was a timeout. But still, when I tried to login manually during that time, I couldn't find any windows update popups. 

It just started working after a brief hiatus. 

Pranav

• 4.  RE: Login Agent Operation Timeout

Posted 12-05-2019 01:45
    Hi Jerin,

Thank you for your reply. I am sending Secure Attention Sequence via the Login Agent, hence it should bypass the Disclaimer screen. 

Seems like I'm facing the same issue as Pranav. Is this a known issue in Blue Prism? 

Thanks both!

Jun Xiang Ang
    Analyst
    Accenture
    Asia/Singapore

• 5.  RE: Login Agent Operation Timeout

Posted 18 days ago
    We're experiencing issues with Login Agent failing to login due to timeout issues on Windows 10. Is this the same issue you're having?

Jesper Hededam
    Developer
    Codan
    Europe/Copenhagen

• 6.  RE: Login Agent Operation Timeout

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi,

Yes, experiencing this issue. Login Agent doesn't work 100% of the time. This is causing us to hit Production issues and unnecessary Prod tickets as well.

Jun Xiang Ang
    Asia/Singapore