Control Room & Scheduler

Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

• 1.  Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

Posted 03-21-2020 10:00
    I have 2 processes and both are scheduled to be run every 1 minute on the default port as in Terminal I give the command on the installation directory - Automate.exe /public /resourcepc

Also I have exposed a object and I think by default it uses port 8181 for web service.

So should I use different port for each process as both of them are scheduled to run every 1 minute?
    Example for 1 process port 8182
    For 2nd process port 8183
    Object being exposed is by default using port 8181

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta

• 2.  RE: Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

Posted 03-24-2020 10:36
    Hi again, no you don't need to assign a port for each process. The port is a machine level setting.

BTW using the scheduler to create a loop can lead to problems. For example, if the process runs for > 1 minute, the next schedule will fail because the target machine is busy running the current process.

John Carter
    Professional Services
    Blue Prism

• 3.  RE: Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

Posted 03-31-2020 11:24
    Hello @John Carter, suppose I have 2 processes which are asynchronous and 1 object which is also exposed by default on port 8181, how can I remove the looping problem from scheduler?​

Raghav Gupta

• 4.  RE: Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

Posted 03-31-2020 17:48
    I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to achieve Raghav. If you've exposed an object as a WS, then when you call the WS the object action will run in it's own session, independent of any other processes. If a process happens to be using the same object via an action stage, then that will be a separate instance of the object.

John Carter
    Professional Services
    Blue Prism

• 5.  RE: Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

Posted 04-06-2020 11:52
    Ok thanks John, I got it. Basically to avoid looping in scheduler I shouldn't schedule 2 schedules at 1 minute on same port. If I am doing on same port then the processes' run mode should be background so they can run concurrently.

Raghav Gupta