Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

RDC connection from machine

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  RDC connection from machine

Posted 11-04-2019 06:07
    Hi All,

Needed a small help.I am trying to open RDC from my local pc and launch chrome on the RDC. How should i approach for this automation? Is there any VBO for RDC or should i spy and launch RDC as we do manually? 

If spying is the answer, which mode should be preferred? 

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Abhishek Poddar

• 2.  RE: RDC connection from machine
    Best Answer

Posted 11-04-2019 19:02
    You can save a connection as a .RDP file, which is just plain-text. You can then use that to launch a connection. Once you're in though, it's all surface-automation from there on in. SendKeys won't work properly, so you might have to leverage something like AutoHotKey if you want to send any keystrokes.

Ami Barrett
    Lead RPA Software Developer
    Solai & Cameron
    Richardson, TX

• 3.  RE: RDC connection from machine

Posted 11-05-2019 09:20
    I tried with global send keys events and it worked fine. However the application which i am trying to automate is a desktop based application and after opening the application, i am not able to spy any elements within the application. Is there any way around to spy the elements other than surface automation?

Abhishek Poddar

• 4.  RE: RDC connection from machine

Posted 11-05-2019 16:01
    Correct, you must use surface automation techniques. I seem to recall notice that a newer version of Blue Prism had a dedicated spy method, but I'm finding no such mention of it in the release notes.

Ami Barrett
    Lead RPA Software Developer
    Solai & Cameron
    Richardson, TX