Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

The elements are not recognized in Chrome

  • 1.  The elements are not recognized in Chrome

    Posted 05-11-2020 10:31
    Hello All,

    My process is started on a web page in Chrome browser, the spies are successful in the first page, but on the next page, with the same window title, the elements cannot be recognized. Attach is OK, but a browser spying mode does not work.(the elements are not highlighted)

    On another resource PC the elements are recognized on the second page successfully. The two PCs have the same versions. (Chrome, BluePrism...)

    I have BP 6.5 and Chrome 75. 
    I disabled the network service in Chrome and I tried to increase the BrowserAutomation.DefaultCommunicationTimeout value in Automate.config file.

    Can anybody help me?

    Thank you,
    Gabor from Hungary

    ------------------------------
    Gabor Kiraly
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: The elements are not recognized in Chrome

    Posted 05-12-2020 09:17
    Edited by Jonas Vanden Branden 08-04-2020 16:58
    We're having similar issues, for us the discrepancy is between personal development machines and runtime resource VM's, even though BP & Chrome versions are identical.

    I have came across the following two interesting post;
    Additionally, we always have the 'chrome was not shutdown correctly' notification because of the way we terminate the application.
    This seems to go paired with the same issue, not sure if that's actually the case, but we'll try to have chrome shut down in a better way and see if it solves it.

    ------------------------------
    Jonas




  • 3.  RE: The elements are not recognized in Chrome

    Posted 05-16-2020 07:03

    Dear Jonas, 
    Thank you for your answer. We still haven't solved the problem.
    Have you succeeded in Chrome shut down or else?

    Gabor



    ------------------------------
    Gabor Kiraly
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: The elements are not recognized in Chrome

    Posted 05-18-2020 06:10
    Edited by Jonas 08-04-2020 16:49
    Hi Gabor


    Yes, we've been able to shutdown chrome in a graceful manner. 
    According to this Stackoverflow post, we've adapted our terminate stage in each of our VBO's using chrome.

    Previously we used 'terminate' or Utility - Kill Process, but this one seems to fix it.

    Concretely, we add the following C# codeblock to terminate chrome:
    Process[] processes;
    string procName = "chrome";
    processes = Process.GetProcessesByName(procName);
    
    foreach (Process proc in processes){
       proc.CloseMainWindow();
    }


    Make sure to also import System.Diagnotics namespace in the Business Object Code Options.


    In the end, it was a combination of several issues that seemed to trigger at different times;
    • 'Incorrect' Chrome termination 
    • Using Studio & Control room interchangeably
    • UIA spying needed --forcerenderer-accessibility startup parameter

    Hopefully this helps!

    ------------------------------
    Jonas
    ------------------------------