Application Integration

Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot create ActiveX component. - VBO OUTLOOK

• 1.  Cannot create ActiveX component. - VBO OUTLOOK

Posted 10-15-2019 15:19
      |   view attached
    Hello everyone:

I have a question, I have a process that at the beginning sends an email. On several occasions (not always) it has failed in that part due to a specific error:

"ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component."

This error sometimes occurs when the process is scheduled, however, when a drag-drop is performed from the Control Room it works without problem.

Regards!!

------------------------------
    Daniel Flores
    Junior Staff
    Deloitte
    America/Santiago

• 2.  RE: Cannot create ActiveX component. - VBO OUTLOOK

Posted 10-17-2019 15:13
    Hello Daniel, 
    This error can occur in multiple cases, you will have to dig down to the exact stage in which the error actually occurs.
    For excel and other apps, I have seen this case when sometimes the application remains running in the background or sometimes even for a MS patch application. 
    So to be specific, are you sure its the mail vbo, and what are you using for sending the mail out. The latest is outlook vbo.

regards,
    Ashish

Ashish Easow
    Senior Consultant - Professional Services
    Blueprism
    Asia/Kolkata

• 3.  RE: Cannot create ActiveX component. - VBO OUTLOOK

Posted 10-17-2019 16:30
    Hi, I think it is possible that you are running the process on different VDIs or machines.
    And it might be that you need to add DLL: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll into the Blue Prism folder.

You can check this thread: MS Outlook VBO Internal Error , I think that guys are discussing almost same problem that  you are facing.
    Let me know if you are able to open the link.

Kind regards,

Dmitrij Mamajev
    RPA Developer
    Volvo Cars
    Gothenburg - Sweden