Community Chat

last person joined: 3 days ago 

A space for discussion around the Community site and programs.

Expand all | Collapse all

πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

• 1.  πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 10:56
    It's Friday, and that means another successful week of working and connecting with your peers on the Blue Prism Community! But before we sign off and get ready for the weekend, I wanted to take a moment to share any fun stories or anecdotes that happened to you while working from home.

Remember those days when we thought working from home was going to last a couple of weeks? Guess we where wrong! A year and half and counting! I'm sure you'll all have funny stories that happened while you were working from home and we'd love to hear them!

I'll go first:
    This week I was peacefully working from my desk in the living room, which has been my set up for the last year and a half. I suddenly started hearing some strange noises coming from the bathroom - I was on my own!

When I got to the bathroom (armed with my broom) I saw something I was NOT expecting: a squirrel on a shelf by the window. I started screaming and I don't know who was more scared out of the two but the squirrel quickly left through the window.

Have you had any unexpected visitors like these lately? Any other fun stories to bright up our Friday?

Please share in the comments!

------------------------------
    Lorena Seco de Herrera Ortega
    Community Manager
    Blue Prism

• 2.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 13:58
    Our Christmas team activity was digital bingo - with an actual mini-bingo wheel. The prices all went to charity. Super-fun and interactive, I recommend it!

Anna Lagerhed
    [Head of Intelligent Automation]
    SSAB AB

• 3.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 15:09
    Let me tell you about an incident 

It was a mundane Monday morning, all of our team went into a daily scrum call. I have joined the call with a Bluetooth headset. We were halfway through, something important interesting was being discussed. Suddenly my sister's kid(around 5 years old) rushed in and snatched away my headset and disappeared. Seems she started playing hide and seek :).

I went on searching for her into all the rooms, finally found him after 10 minutes inside a wardrobe, and got the headset back after assuring her a dairy milk chocolate.
    By the time got back the call was closed.

Huh… that was quite hilarious at the same time a bit problematic.  

Murali
    RPA Consultant

• 4.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 15:00
    Can anyone share a good theme for a digital send-off party? We did "show and tell something from your life outside of work" last time. Tips are appreciated! :-)​

Anna Lagerhed
    SSAB AB

• 5.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 14:54
    Sounds super fun @Anna Lagerhed! We've done that ourselves before within Blue Prism and it was good fun.

Were you lucky and manage to get in a good position? I love a bingo :)​

Community Manager
    Blue Prism

• 6.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 16:50
    Thanks for sharing @MuraliKrishna Kodi :)

I can imagine the stress trying to get back to the call! No one has hidden my headset yet, but there have been a few times where I myself didn't know where I had put it...fun times!​

Community Manager
    Blue Prism

• 7.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 14:59
    @Lorena Seco de Herrera I came in second place and won food enough for a week for a family in need. First price was a goat! :-D​

Anna Lagerhed
    SSAB AB

• 8.  RE: πŸ™Œ #CommunityWins: Tell us a fun story while working from home πŸ™Œ

Posted 09-24-2021 16:47
    Love that! What a great way to help while having fun.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Community Manager
    Blue Prism

Welcome to Community Chat!

A space for non-technical chat, tips for using the Community, and news from the Blue Prism Community Team.

This is not a Community for technical or Product related discussion. For a list of available communities, please visit our site map.

Introduce YourselfCommunity Quick TipsWomen in RPA