Robotic Operating Model (ROM)

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Share tips, queries and advice on adopting the Robotic Operating Model (ROM®). A proven implementation methodology that enables customers to successfully launch, maintain, and scale your Digital Workforce.
Expand all | Collapse all

Scheduler

• 1.  Scheduler

Posted 5 days ago
    Hello,

I have a situation where i want to create a scheduler to load a process from 8am to 4pm, every 1 hour. In that, i want the Blue Prism to check if the scheduler is executed for the first time in a day, then it will send a Process initiation notification. Otherwise it will skip the step and follow the next step, that is loading the items into the queue. 

What i mean is that, from the 2nd run, it should skip the email notification step and start directly with loading items step. 

How can i do that in the scheduler?

------------------------------
    Gabriel Ruiz Saco

• 2.  RE: Scheduler

Posted 5 days ago
    Hi Gabriel - you can't do that directly in the scheduler, and instead you'll need to add some logic to the process. During the first run, the process sets some kind of flag or indicator that the next run will pick up. The flag describes if the previous run completed the task, and if it did, the next run knows not to do it. So in simple terms:

1. Start
    2. Get the indicator set by my predecessor
    3. If the predecessor was successful, there is nothing for me to do.
    4. If the predecessor was not successful, I will try to do the task and set the flag to tell my successor if I was successful.

John Carter
    Professional Services
    Blue Prism

FAQ

The Robotic Operating Model (ROM) is Blue Prism’s industry leading approach to successfully deliver maximum business benefit through the scaled deployment of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). It has been developed based on more than a decade of experience and knowledge of deploying Blue Prism at scale in countries and industries across the globe.

The ROM has been designed to integrate fully with an organization's existing change management systems, thereby removing the need for additional procedural and governance obligations.
The ROM has no cost associated with it, it's absolutely free.
You can access the ROM by visiting the Blue Prism Portal, or click here.
The ROM does not have a free trial, but you may want to check out our Discover offerings (the Process Automation Tool and Capture). More information on those offerings can be found in the Discover Community.
The ROM is available to all Blue Prism Customers with an active Blue Prism Portal account.