Blue Prism Product

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

This community covers the core Blue Prism product.

Expand all | Collapse all

Control room

• 1.  Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Hello everyone. The problem is that I have a connection to the app server, but I can't see any connected devices in the control room. Although I can see all the processes and objects located on the application server.

------------------------------
    Eugene Ivaniv

• 2.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Eugene 

Do you have the listener running on the resource machines?

Michael ONeil
    Technical Lead developer
    Everis Consultancy
    Europe/London

• 3.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Oh sure.
    An application server is installed on one computer, which in turn is connected to the SQL database. Another computer has a client installed with a configured connection to this server. I can see the connection to the server, but I cannot see the PC in the control room.

Eugene Ivaniv

• 4.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Is this a physical machine or vdi? also do you have login agent installed and running?

Michael ONeil
    Technical Lead developer
    Everis Consultancy
    Europe/London

• 5.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Yes, this is vdi. Installed and running the login agent on both VDI and PC.

Eugene Ivaniv

• 6.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
      |   view attached
    Thanks Eugene, so the scenario you are using to on the resource machines is the machine to be logged off and login agent running and once logged in the listener will launch to initiate processes? If your machine is logged off and the machine is not visible it could be the login agent is not running correctly and there could be a couple of machine local policies causing this issue. I've attached a copy of the login agent pdf (if you dont already have it) please check the security > local policies and make sure they comply with the settings in the doc.

Michael ONeil
    Technical Lead developer
    Everis Consultancy
    Europe/London

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    I apologize. I confused the Login Agent with Automate.exe. The Login Agent is not installed on either the VDI or the PC.
    I want it to be like this.

Maybe I should enable the Enable Data Gateways process parameter in Server Configuration Details?

Евгений Иванов
    ------------------ ------------

• 8.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi

You will definitely need to install the login agent in that case. If you go to the folder your blueprism installation is stored and look in installers e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Installers

You will find the installation files for the login agent just run the one that is suitable for your machine and once done you should be able to log out of the machine and the login agent will kick in.

Michael ONeil
    Technical Lead developer
    Everis Consultancy
    Europe/London

• 9.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Please tell me on the client side (not the application server) you need to configure the server configuration details?

Eugene Ivaniv

• 10.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi 

Im not sure what you mean by client side not application server? The login agent should be installed on your resource machine NOT on the server but when you run the login agent installer it will ask for the connection details. This will be whatever the connection is you are using in the Automate.exe file and in blueprism when you open the application. For example if you open blueprism and the connection you select when logging in is called "PROD ENVIRONMENT" then set the connection name to PROD ENVIRONMENT in the login agent. The guide I uploaded previously should give you instructions on the installation on the login agent, once you it is installed then the resource machine, when logged out, will be visible from the server/control machine. Please remember to set the Automate.exe to launch on login as well you can do this using task scheduler, the login agent is used to allow the resource machine to log in when your process runs and the automate.exe needs to take over after log on.

Michael ONeil
    Technical Lead developer
    Everis Consultancy
    Europe/London

• 11.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    I'm talking about an interactive client that is installed on a PC.(not on my vdi)

Eugene Ivaniv

• 12.  RE: Control room

Posted 11 days ago
    Your running a resource machine on a pc outside of your vdi and want the application server to connect to this? your set up sounds very odd normally you would have appIication server and clients installed in the vdi if thats what you're using. I think you need to provide some details on the infrastructure youre trying to use so I can better understand what it is your are trying to do. 

I think maybe its just a bit of confusion about what we are referring to here, application server is your control machine which initiates process and controls the resource machines/interactive clients. If you want the interactive client to be visible to the server then you need to install the login agent on the interactive client, as when client machine is logged out the login agent makes it visible to the server and the server can initiate a logon and initiate a process. When the client machine is logged in the Automate.exe is what makes it visible to the server. Both login agent and Automate.exe need to be available on the client machine so that machine is visible and available for use by the server.

Michael ONeil
    Technical Lead developer
    Everis Consultancy
    Europe/London

• 13.  RE: Control room

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi Michael! Can you please tell me if I use Active License: Evalution, can I count on displaying 2 runtime resources in the control room (application server and interactive client) As in the image Thank you in advance!

Eugene Ivaniv

Welcome to the Blue Prism Product Community!

Whether you’re looking to manage a complex infrastructure, maintain security and compliance, bring new products to market faster, or gain operational speed and agility in an uncertain economy, Blue Prism delivers — with the flexibility you need to create the business you want. From deployment on-premise, through a cloud service provider or as SaaS, to a skillful and adaptable digital workforce that continually expands to meet your enterprise needs, you can gain enhanced operational insight and control while your people reclaim the time they need to focus on great work.

Product PageKnowledge BaseBlue Prism Training Offering

FAQs

Blue Prism is intelligent automation — business-developed, no-code automation that pushes the boundaries of robotic process automation (RPA) to deliver value across any business process in a connected enterprise.

A combination of RPA with expanded cognitive and AI capabilities, Blue Prism is different than other automation technology on the market. With one Blue Prism license, you gain instant access to an already AI equipped digital workforce, along with the tools you need to build and delegate automations. Click here for more information on Blue Prism and Intelligent Automation.
To learn more about how Blue Prism can help your organization and how much it will cost to get started, please Contact our Sales department.
Blue Prism can be downloaded from our customer portal. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Portal. Once you have registered, you can access the download options for Blue Prism here.
Yes! Installed on your own machine and supported by our training materials and product documentation, you can use all the features of the full enterprise product for free with our Blue Prism Trial – giving you the opportunity to learn the basics before moving to a full production implementation. Click here for more information and to download the trial.
Yes! You can access our known issue list for Blue Prism from our Support Portal.
Regardless of your industry, Blue Prism’s Digital Workforce can adhere to strict governance and compliance standards without limiting productivity. Click here for more information on how your industry can benefit from Blue Prism.