Blue Prism Product

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

A space for discussion around the Community site and programs.

Expand all | Collapse all

Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

• 1.  Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi everyone, we are planning to move from BluePrism 6.4 to 6.10. Do we need to be aware of any specific topics so that we don't get any surprises? Any Suggestions and experience are highly appreciated!

------------------------------
    Neal Gurung

• 2.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 27 days ago
    Off the top of my head, pay attention to locks, the new version removes them after it is done.

Erin Connerley
    Automation Consultant
    Agilify Automation
    America/Indiana/Indianapolis

• 3.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Neal.

Please check out the upgrade notices: Upgrade notices (blueprism.com)

You'll have to log into the portal to see them. They have information on upgrading to 6.10.x. You'll notice a section on "Upgrading from versions prior to 6.5". Take a look there to start.

Cheers

jack

Jack Look
    Sr Product Consultant
    Blue Prism

• 4.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 24 days ago
    Hi Zatom,

We did a similar upgrade in my environment and had some issues with the changes to the way Chrome attaches and detaches.  I think BP Support fixed it and provided updated files in the 6.10 release package so you should be ok now, but we did struggle with it for a while.  Detach didn't always work the first time so we had to use retry loops to confirm detach. Also, there are a lot of changes to functionality (for the better!) so as other people said, definitely look at the release notes.  You might also see some of your wait stages now throw "errors" in the error checker, but if you just recreate them exactly as they are they'll work. I also think the "Automatically resolve" button works, too, but it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Diane Sanzone

• 5.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 23 days ago
    There is a weird heisenbug with work queue untag that sometimes throws an exception "This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable." Only seems to be happening with multiple workers. Not easily reproducible. This can be simply retried, but it is a bit annoying if you have many of them.

Andrey Kudinov
    Project Manager
    MobileTelesystems PJSC
    Europe/Moscow

• 6.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 27 days ago
    @Erin Connerley Thank you for your response! ​​

Zatom G

• 7.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 27 days ago
    @Jack Look Thank you for your response. Will definitely check the upgrade notices​

Zatom G

• 8.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Zatom.
    I hope you find everything you need.
    jack

Jack Look
    Sr Product Consultant
    Blue Prism

• 9.  RE: Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

Posted 24 days ago
    @Diane Sanzone Thank you for sharing your experience. It really helps!​

Zatom G

Welcome to Community Chat!

A space for non-technical chat, tips for using the Community, and news from the Blue Prism Community Team.

This is not a Community for technical or Product related discussion. For a list of available communities, please visit our site map.

Introduce YourselfCommunity Quick TipsWomen in RPA