Off-Topic Community Chat

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

A space for discussion around the Community site and programs.

Welcome to our 'Off-Topic' Community Chat!

A space for non-technical chat, tips for using the Community, and news from the Blue Prism Community Team.

This is not a Community for technical or Product related discussion. For a list of available communities, please visit our site map.

Introduce YourselfCommunity Tech TipsMeet The Team

Latest Discussions List

• Hello everyone, As you may know, from today until March 19, we will be carrying out an upgrade of the SS&C Blue Prism Community. During this upgrade, any new posts or comments you create will not be saved. The upgrade work has now begun. If ...

3 people recommend this.
  • Yep, Thanks to clarify John!. The best way to handle such high volumes of data is to give all the handling of high volumes to excel or divide data in groups that can be handled by blueprism, rather than use blue prism to obtain all data in one go. ...

• Hi @Daniel Sanhueza , you raise an important point - reading huge data sets into BP can cause memory issues, and it's best to try and think of ways to avoid doing so. Having Excel and the clipboard do the 'heavy lifting' can be a good tactic, where rather ...

2 people recommend this.
  • Hi Daniel Sanhueza, One thing I did tried to avoid out of memorty due to large amount of data, Instead of looping and manipulating the data, one row at a time ,I did all the manipulation in one go using C# code and also divided(chunk) the data in ...

• Hi @John Carter , I have a question, what if that select result in a 20k+ Output Collection? I have worked with some querys with 10k+ output rows and Blue Prism hangs or at least reach a timeout with an error. How would you manage the memory issue ...

• I would try a union query via OLEB to get the data in one go, something like: SELECT [code], [name of store], 'JAN' AS [Month], [jan] AS [Sale] From [Sheet1$] UNION SELECT [code], [name of store], 'FEB' AS [Month], [feb] AS [Sale] From [Sheet1$] ...

2 people recommend this.

Polls

Community Admins

Recent Blogs

Recent Ideas

Provide a toolbar at the top of the verification screens (class and data) with buttons to enact all actions ...

Upcoming Events