cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Microsoft 365 – Outlook VBO

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we are facing an issue with HTTP request by Send Mail with Microsoft 365 – Outlook.

Authenticate works fine because we a Auth Token (AccessToken) back when we use our TenantID, ClientID and Client Secret.

But when we go futher the process we get a error in Utility - HTTP when we do the HTTP request.
The error is:

{"error":{"code":"InvalidAuthenticationToken","message":"Access token is empty.","innerError":{"date":"2022-11-17T13:26:30","request-id":"507dcf7a-db97-4f38-9f10-df1bf5a4952a","client-request-id":"507dcf7a-db97-4f38-9f10-df1bf5a4952a"}}}

Could anyone please help me on this and let me know what caused this error?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Patrick

4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Patrick Meijer,

You're using an older version of the Utility - HTTP VBO that doesn't support adding a bearer token to the Authentication header. Download the latest release of the VBO from the following link:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---http

Cheers,
Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewilson Thanks for your help.

I have imported the latest release of Utility - HTTP VBO and now sending an email works.

Only this works when I run the process from studio and does not work when I run the process from the control room. Then I see the following messages in the process log:

Stage Name: Get Auth Token - Client Secret
Result: ERROR: Internal : Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems

Stage Name: Microsoft 365 - Outlook::Authenticate
Result: ERROR: Internal : Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Patrick Meijer,

When you try to run your process from Control Room are you running it on a different Runtime Resource than your local dev machine? If so, I’d say you’re missing the MSAL DLL that’s required by the underlying MSAL.NET VBO.

Cheers,
Eric​

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric Wilson ,Thanks again.

When I run the process from Control Room I'm running it on a different Runtime Resource than my local dev machine.
I forgot to place the MSAL DLL on the Runtime Resource.
Now it works both ways.