cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all, how can I launch jnlp file application on edge using launcher ?

AndreZolana
Level 3
I am trying to load a jnlp file using Microsoft edge, when I try to use it from the launcher using edge,   the application is not opening?
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Andre,

Firstly, I would like to know if you are able to open the JNLP file manually using Microsoft Edge or not as I have not worked with this specific file format before?

If you are able to open the file in Edge, then my suggestion would be to try using the "Start Process" action from "Utility - Environments" and provide the application path as that of your "Microsoft Edge" application along with the argument as the file path of your JLNP file and see if it is working or not?

Do let us know if this helps to resolve your query or not and if it resolves your query, please mark it as the best answer so that others can easily track the solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Sr. Consultant
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

AndreZolana
Level 3
Hi Devneet Mohanty
when i enter the URL into edge manually it launches the jnlp application, but when I add the link on the BP launcher it does not launch the application.

Just to confirm by BP Launcher do you mean the "Start Process" action or the Application Modeller launching. Many times Application Modeller launch won't work then we usually go with the route of using the "Start Process" action like I said in my prior post. My apologies but the term BP Launcher is bit confusing to me.

Try using the approach given above in my prior answer and show us the screenshot of the error in case you face any so that we can help better:

34891.png
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

AndreZolana
Level 3
Hi Devneet Mohanty
I meant Start-Process" action or the Application Modeller launching,  I will try it now 

many thanks

AndreZolana
Level 3
Hi Devneet Mohanty,
I have tried it, but it still does not open the Jnlp application automatically. it is launching the edge but it still does not open the jnlp application.

AndreZolana
Level 3
Hi Devneet Mohanty
I Have tried Environment , Process start Action  but it still not working do you know any other  way of doing it,

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@AndreZolana,

I believe you need to use the Java Web Start application to kick off the JNLP application. Refer to this page from IBM discussing using javaws from the command line:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/sdk-java-technology/8?topic=only-running-web-start-aix-linux-windows

Cheers,
Eric​