cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Process Resets Data

EnzoSmith
Level 4
Hi All,

I've recently updated to BP v10.1 and noticed when i run a process data items are populated from collections, calculations etc, but if i make a change and hit save the process resets as if i have hit the reset button and i have to start all over again. 

Is there a way to stop this?

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Enzo.

The point of the reset button is to reset the process so that it can start from the beginning. If you make a change and want to continue, you can select another stage, right click, and choose "Set Next Stage". This will redirect the flow of the process to start from that stage but without resetting all of the data items.

For example, if you made a change in stage 18 and want to go back to the prior stage and run through stage 18 again to see the what happens, you could right click stage 17, select "Set Next Stage", and then when you continue, the flow would start from stage 17.

Does that make sense?

jack

EnzoSmith
Level 4
Hi Jack, 

Thank you for the reply, and yes it does make sense.

However my issues lies where i am stepping through a process or object which will pull data from the queue for example and pass it through from the process collection/data item into an object, the object will then have the data from the queue. Say i add an action and save the process or object (depending where i added the action) and hit save to add a Summary for an audit trail of what i just added and or amended, after saving everything resets. Collections reset from the queue etc, data items reset and revert back to blank and so on. Its as if i just opened the process or object. 

Another example is if i created a process and calculation to get Today() and store it in a data item and run the process it would populate today's date into the data item created to store Today(), then if i decided to add a separate format date calculation to store in another data item to format the date from dd/MMM/yyyy to dd-MMM-yyyy and hit save before running the second calculation the original Today() calculation data item resets back to blank. 

When i am building processes i save quite often to have an audit trail, but this is extending my development time as i have to re-run processes or objects from the beginning each time i save as populated data items/collections reset to blank values.

Apologies if it sounds confusing,

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Enzo.

I understand the problem but whenever you save the product, it does the reset. 

I know you want your audit trail, but perhaps you can try to complete your changes and testing before saving. Another thought is to save the input information in another step where you can start your testing from. This way you don't lose it every time. This would only be done for testing purposes.

jack