cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Modeler with Login dialog box

TanHeng_Yong
Level 2

Hi I am facing an issue when creating a new object. In the Application Modeller I have defined the link to launch and I can see that it is launching in the browser but on the Blue Prism side, I am getting this 

Error - Failed to launch application - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide.

Note that if the link is changed to one without a dialog box, it is able to launch without any issues. Any suggestions as to how to fix this is welcomed. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Tan this article may be helpful. 

As an experiment, try launching manually and then attaching. If this is successful, you could try a 'non-standard' launch method such as this:

• Use the Start Process action in the Utility - Environment VBO to launch the URL
  • Use the Wait for Process action in the Utility - Environment VBO to wait for 'BluePrism.MessagingHost' to exist
  • Attach using a Navigate stage

I think sometimes BluePrism.MessagingHost is slow to start and the standard launch method interprets this as 'not detected'. The steps above are a way to work around this problem.