cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism Browser Extension Connection

ShreashthSahu1
Level 2
Hi Guys,

Currently I have installed Blueprism learning edition of Blueprism v 7.0.1 with  blueprism extension of version 7.0.1 but I am not able to connect my blueprism with Chrome and Edge browser. 
Getting the issue provided in screenshot .
How to resolve this issue kindly help as I have reinstalled the blueprism , server and browser as well.

Regards,
BotMa
10907.png
n

------------------------------
Shreashth Sahu
5 REPLIES 5

Rambo27
Level 8
Hi Shreashth,

Please use extension its clear in your exception popup that chrome extension is not used.

Blue prism chrome extension

Hope it helps.

Shikhar Mishra
RPA Lead
Infosys Pvt Ltd
Pune,India
Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead Infosys

Hi,

Thanks for providing me Blueprism Extension V 7.0 . I was already using extension v7.0.1. But I am still getting the same error .

Regards,
Botman
10884.png
10885.png

Shreashth Sahu

Hi,

How are you executing Google Chrome? Maybe have some params at the start up or something similar?

It's usually works good when you install the last learning edition that you have in the portal. (The installer also informs you about this extension)

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi, 

Have you checked if the extension is enabled? Sometimes, we have seen this error coming when the extension has been installed but not enabled. Also, can you check if restarting the Runtime Resource (before running the process) has got any effect on the error being observed? 

Usually while installing learning version it ask for all extension installation in one go. 

Shikhar Mishra
RPA Lead
Infosys Pvt Ltd
Pune,India
Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead Infosys

ChrisCutting
Level 4
We've hit a similar problem over the last few days on Edge** with BP V6.9. Edge updated from V97.x.xxx.xx to V98 and a setting we had never looked at changed in how it reacts to the Blue Prism Extension.

Check your Edge version is V98
Open Edge
Open Settings
Open About Edge
Check version number

Logout from the machine

Testing: build a simple object that will;
Launch Edge from the .exe / browser not running state
Do a Check Exists on a simple HTML element
Close Edge with Send Keys "^W"
End

Logout from the machine

Log back in, run the process once, reset and run again.

If you have the same problem we do, the first launch and Check Exists will work. Following the second launch you will get the Not Connected error at some point in your process.

Fixing: note that this is very early fix and not entirely proven
Open Edge
Open Settings
Open System
At the top of System there should be toggle switch for 'Startup Boost', turn this OFF
Close Edge
Reopen Edge
Close Edge again

Repeat the same test as above.

Please let me know how that goes. I have tested on three machines so far with 100% success. If it works for you as well then I will share some additional details tomorrow.

Best of luck
Chris

** In this message I refer to Edge as that's the browser we use, the same may apply in Chrome, but has not been tested by me. For easy reading I will use Edge for both in this guidance.

Chris Cutting
Real Time Development Consultant
BT
Europe/London