cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism.Automate.clsCredentialsActions does not exist

PavelZuravliov
Level 3
Hello, Created process was running using scheduler fine last week. Today it is failing with error "Failed to create session on "Resource PC" - Failed to get effective run mode - Unable to calculate run mode - object Blueprism.Automate.clsCredentialsActions does not exist. Same process runs fine in DEBUG mode.
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
That sounds very strange because that object is internal to BP, so cannot be 'missing'. I suggest contacting our support team.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, sometimes we have encountered the problem when an object name was changed and some stages were still referring to this object name (although the referral will be automatically set to None at a name change). But after verifying all stages that referred to this object, it was working again. So my advice here, please be very careful when changing object names. Better option would be to copy the object and change all the action calls to the new object.

Daniel_AlbertoR
Level 2
Today we had the exact same problem in our environment, so I thought I'd share our findings in case somebody else faces the same situation in the future: We found that the problem was caused by the renewal of our Blue Prism license. Even if we had already installed a new working license on the server, the runtime resource was still using the old license information. This means that even if the server tried to create a session on the resource, the resource was unable to access any of the objects (even internal ones, like the credentials VBO) because that's disallowed while being ""unlicensed"" (just like interactive clients disable most of the tabs when a valid license is not found). The solution was to simply restart the runtime resource (the application, not the computer), so it would fetch the new license information from the server. The need to restart the resources is actually written on the Knowledge Base (https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/new-license-installation-proble…), but the error you get if you forget to do so is incredibly misleading, as can be seen by reading Blue Prism's John Carter's surprised reaction on one of the previous comments. My feedback to Blue Prism: I do not know if the newer BP version (6.0) checks for the resource's license status before trying to physically create a session, but I think that doing so might produce a more ""readable"" error message. Also, wouldn't it be possible to just ""hot swap"" licenses on all connected resources once a new version is installed? Restarting them might not be viable in busy environments with a tight schedule or when there's a very large number of them.

PeterLacken
Level 7
Just to add, I experienced the same problem Blueprism.Automate.clsCredentialsActions does not exist and the same action fixed it, restart of Resource PC machine, BUT we had not changed the license.  There is a bit of a catch 22 situation when you use a service to log in after a restart but it required a manual restart to fix it !

CherylCagle
Level 2
We are also experiencing this on our runtime resources.  Even ones we reboot and restart the service, the next day it appears again.  Has anyone had that happen?