cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome extension opens and launches the website but throws extension errors V7.1 and V7.2

Hello team,

We encountered this issue twice in a month now in different environments which pushes me to raise on community.

Chrome extension opens and launches the website totally fine but it fails to bring back control to BP and throws extension note detected error.

It occurs on both versions 7.1 and 7.2 of Blue Prism, where website A can be successfully launched, but website B consistently fails to open. Note that everything remains same only the URL is different.

Interestingly, when we manually open website B, it loads without any problems. The very same thing is happening in other infra as well with some other URL. (This eliminates possibility of website issue. And even if that is the case, extension itself should not throw an error)

We have checked all the necessary components, and everything appears to be in order since other websites are launching correctly. However, this particular website consistently throws extension error.

It's worth noting that there are so many threads in the community where users are experiencing difficulties with browser automation on Blue Prism be it V6 or V7

In the release notes of 7.2 I see open issues related to browser from 6.8 onwards. This are very high priority fixes required to bring the reliability for chrome/edge browser automation with Blue Prism.

22654.png

Has anyone come across such behaviour in chrome browser automation?

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

3 REPLIES 3

expertcr
Staff
Staff

So you just use the Launch to start Chrome, and it goes to a default website.

Do you try to detach, add a waiting stage for 5 seconds and then attach again to chrome?

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

No not the default site.

Chrome extension opens and launches the URL totally fine but it fails to bring back control to BP and throws extension note detected error.

It works for some websites but not for all websites.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

MelissaNail
Level 4

We have experienced the same issue, as you. Our work around has been to use one website in Chrome and the other in Edge. Not ideal but it has worked for us. 

Melissa Nail
VP, Automation Analyst
BOKF, NA
America/Chicago