cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data passing and retrieving to command prompt

Yeswa_Vaibhav_1
Level 6
Hi, I am trying to Pass Commands to Command Prompt while spying. i.e., Is it possible to spy the elements which is in Command prompt/In any other Interface? If some one have already tried the spy command prompt and tried to pass and retrieve data from Command Prompt .Please let me know. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think the only option would be the clipboard or Surface Automation. If you programmatically run a command instead of using the CMD window, then you can capture the response but I'm not sure that would help you here. What command are you using?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You could use the Start Process action in the environment utility object to run command lines.  You could pipe the output to a text file as part of the command.

Yeswa_Vaibhav_1
Level 6
In our scenario i would like to spy elements in Command Prompt to enter/extract data from the window. Could you help me that?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
There are no elements inside the command prompt, it's not really a GUI, it's just text. You can copy that text via the clipboard, or programmatically capture it. Either way you will need to parse the text after capture.

Anonymous
Not applicable
how to use clipboard to copy text from image.Please explain me 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can't simply copy text from an image, the image needs to be interpreted. It's a big subject that cannot be explained on these forums. I suggest you take the 2 Surface Automation training courses.