cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : “Could not identify process owning the current foreground window”.

SimonAlopaeus
Level 2
We get an error message when running the robot via a VDI in a java application €œCould not identify process owning the current foreground window€. We use a stage with €œActivate application€ (AA window) and then €œfocus€ on a java element within the window before sending global keys events to that application. The error message occurs on step 1 Activate application. The error is not frequent but still occurs at random intervals. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Peter is correct. Please follow the advice given in the Product guides and datasheets regarding the Virtualisation tools that are used in your organisation. With RDP the desktop does not actually exist when no one is connected to it - so activates/global clicks/global send keys etc will all stop working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have also this issue and we are using the RD to connect to the robot. When running via RD the process works fine, but when closing the RD (log off and reboot since Login Agent will not work with out reboot...) and trying to run it via control room on a different BP we are getting this error on 'activate' step. Now does this mean that the fact the MS RD is installed does mess things up? since I'm not connected via RD on that robot while running process on that. So would disabling the MS RD and running something like VNC fix the issue?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Blue Prism virtualisation guides strongly recommend against the use of RDP something that uses a VNC connection would be far better. There is a remote access tools data sheet in the product documentation area of this Portal.

SaiGajjala_Venk
Level 3
Hi everyone, We recently getting this issue when we run the automation remotely on a runtime resource. The automation fails whenever there is a stage like global send keys, clicks and Activate stage. We are using Citrix to access the VDE. I see there are lot of posts in the forum with the same problem. But I could not find a proper solution. I was just wondering if Is there step by step guide to resolve this issue. Thanks, Sai

SaiGajjala_Venk
Level 3
Hi everyone, We recently getting this issue when we run the automation remotely on a runtime resource. The automation fails whenever there is a stage like global send keys, clicks and Activate stage. We are using Citrix to access the VDE. I see there are lot of posts in the forum with the same problem. But I could not find a proper solution. I was just wondering if there is a step by step guide to resolve this issue. Thanks, Sai