cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Identify Current User in Blue Prism

LesleyHargreave
Level 2
Hi, 

I am trying to identify which user is logged on in Blue Prism - can anyone advise me?

In the example below I am logged on as LesleyH & have tried Environment – Get User Name & Get Machine Name with the results shown… any ideas?

Thanks in advance, 
Lesley

17146.png

------------------------------
Lesley Hargreaves
Technical Consultant
Keytree
Europe/London
2 REPLIES 2

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Which username are you trying to grab, the user logged into Windows, or the one registered for the process as it's running?

If the former, Utility - Environment has an action called "Get User Name". If the latter, you probably won't be able to get an actual username for the session. Anything based off of the calendar/schedule would just show [Scheduler]. However, if you have something externally executing sessions, that would add a username to the log. If that's the case, you can use a calculation stage with GetSessionID() and query the table BPASession for the value of startuserid on that row. This will correspond to the column userid in table BPAUser, where you can get the plain-text column username.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

HI Ami, 

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Thank you for your suggestion - I decided that I was over complicating this and could achieve my purpose with Get Machine Name. 

Regards, 
Lesley

Lesley Hargreaves
Technical Consultant
Keytree
Europe/London