cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect decision point with previous process step in Capture 4.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I have a data set which is located in an excel file. I use Capture for the process mapping. But I can't find any option to connect decision point with the previous steps. Can anyone help me in this regard?

35597.png

35598.png

4 REPLIES 4

harish.m
MVP

Hi Ekram Shihab,

I dont think its possible to connect the decision stage randomly but it can be connected from one blue dot to other blue dot.

In your case there is no blue dot present thats why it is not possible to do it. Refer the below document> Go to Connect to existing branches section

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/capture-4-0/en-us/user-guide/branches.htm?tocpath=User%20guide%7C_____5

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

harish.m
MVP

HI Ekran Shihab,

Looks like you are trying to do some thing like Below screenshot?

35594.png

YOu might need to divide them as a branch( Refer this  - How to create a branch) if you are intended to point the decision stage  back to the excel in your screenshot

WHen you select the ungroup it is actually ungrouping  if you notice the value from the group- it will change after it ungroup it 

Group (Def):

A single image in the process branch represents the interactions you made with a single application before you switched to another application. This is a group.

Single group

Label

Description

A

Group number label (the order it is placed in the branch).

B

A label for the number of steps within the group (the number of different screens that you interacted with during this interaction with the application).

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]