cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the 'Raise Submission' and 'Get Users by Form Name' Actions in Interact

AdrianWhite
Staff
Staff
Hi Community members,

The Raise Submission action allows you to create a submission in a user’s particular Inbox folder. The submission raised can be fully or partially completed, or even completely empty depending on your requirements.

To get the user id of the individual whose inbox will receive the submission you use the 'Get Users by Form Name' action. The output is a collection that lists the users associated with that Form Name, including their names and user ids.

This short video gives you an overview on how to use the 'Raise Submission' and 'Get Users by Form Name' actions in Blue Prism Interact. 

*Please note: this video shows the UI for Interact v4.1. The navigation and look & feel of the product may change with new releases. 

------------------------------
Adrian White
Head of Product Consultancy
Blue Prism Ltd
Adrian White Head of Product Consultancy SS&C Blue Prism
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi, Taha,

I figured out a workaround for this ;). Instead of raising submission you can create submission BUT create submission action puts your submission into History folder of a user on the other hand it creates an item in the queue. So you can create one more field in your form which would be hidden to the user and by filling appropriate value in this hidden field you can recognize that the item was created by Create submission action. So when you "see" it in the queue you take it and move it into Inbox of the user. It works perfectly and you have your submission id. 

I know it is not straightforward but something you can use until your idea gets implemented ;).

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TahaSonmez
Level 5
Hi Adrian,

It would be great to fetch "Submission Id" right after Raising a submisssion. In my case I want to make hidden or mandatory some fields based on the business needs. Do you have any workaround for this or should I suggest this idea in Blue Prism Ideas section? Thanks for your help.

Taha Sonmez
ROM Architect
SabanciDx

Hi Taha,

Thank you for your response. Could you please raise this on the Blue Prism Ideas section? I can understand how this would be useful, so getting the idea logged is the first step in getting this into the product.

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian White
Head of Product Consultancy
Blue Prism Ltd
Adrian White Head of Product Consultancy SS&C Blue Prism

Hi,

For further readers of this thread: You can find my idea on this link.

Taha Sonmez
ROM Architect
SabanciDx

Hi, Taha,

I figured out a workaround for this ;). Instead of raising submission you can create submission BUT create submission action puts your submission into History folder of a user on the other hand it creates an item in the queue. So you can create one more field in your form which would be hidden to the user and by filling appropriate value in this hidden field you can recognize that the item was created by Create submission action. So when you "see" it in the queue you take it and move it into Inbox of the user. It works perfectly and you have your submission id. 

I know it is not straightforward but something you can use until your idea gets implemented ;).

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek,

I did the same workaround after posting in here. It works perfectly as you said. Thanks for your contribution to the topic.

Taha Sonmez
ROM Architect
SabanciDx