cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe SendKeys

Stephen.Jones
Level 5

Hello,

I'm using "{ENTER}" to send the ENTER key to the mainframe , but instead of pressing ENTER, it is sending the keys "114Q"

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Stephen.Jones

Could you please tell us the mainframe details you're automating? It is IBM Pcomm or a Powerterm mainframe?

Each mainframe has is own mnemonic keywords, for an IBM Pcomm "{Enter}" should work but for a Powerterm you need to use "@E" (<- Could you try this?). That's what I can tell you without knowing wich type of mainframe his, the IT department should have a guide with the mnemonic keywords but you can also find it on the web having the vendor details. I've only worked with IBM Pcomm and using the action inside the navigate stage "Send Keys Mainframe" and giving "{Enter}" as input, it worked. Hope someone could share his experience with other mainframe that could give you some hints.

Regards.

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

Stephen.Jones
Level 5

Hello,

It's automating against PowerTerm,  I've just tried your "@E" , it just typed E.

Stephen.Jones
Level 5

Emulation Type AIXTERM

Terminal ID AIXTERM

Session Type TELNET

Port Number 22

Security SSH

This is the setup of the emulator in PowerTerm

In this article you can see the supported mainframe emulators (You need to login to see it)

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000077105-which-mainframe-emulators-are-supported-by-blue-prism-

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000077152-how-can-i-send-keys-to-a-mainframe-application-

When you send the enter keyword, are you sure the mainframe is in focus?

These are some of the trickiest automations. Remember, you can raise a ticket to receive personalized help.

Regards

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte

Stephen.Jones
Level 5

Yes,

You were correct on the focus.  I've switched from "Send Keys Mainframe" to "Global Send Key Event".  As the event method actually hits the ENTER key, but it was not working as the emulator had lost focus between the Send Keys Mainframe instruction and the Global Send Key Event.

I've introduced an Activate  in between the instructions and it works. 

Good to know @Stephen.Jones and glad you've manage to resolve that! 

Regards 

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte