cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Dataverse VBO

AbhijithRaj
Level 3
Hi All,

Has anyone tried the Microsoft Dataverse vbo? Using this VBO, I was trying to retrieve and update the tables. 

Please can any one give me a resolution or an idea how to use this VBO?

Thanks in advance,

------------------------------
Abhijith Raj
Automation Engineer
FourNxt
Asia/Kolkata
6 REPLIES 6

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @Abhijith Raj

Inside the VBO page from the Digital Exchange you have a full guide about how to use this Object and how it works.

Here you have the link, hope this helps you

Guide

See you in the community, bye :)​

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hello Pablo, 

Thank you so much for our response. I have gone through the guide and was able to establish a successful connection to the dataverse environment. But my doubt is how to use the action "Retrieve multiple records". How do we mention from which table/entity we need to retrieve the records?

20728.png

Thanks in advance.

Abhijith Raj
Automation Engineer
FourNxt
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Abhijith,

This doc https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/webapi/perform-operations-web-api would be a good place to understand more about the API as there are number of parameters that could be passed into the API.

As I was looking into the WebAPI definition, it seems it might need some changes/parametrization in order to make it generic. From the below screenshot it seems the table name should go in place of "accounts". So it would be /tablename?[filter]. 
I didn't try it out now to validate this on my end as don't have the Dataverse account setup. But if it works then you might have to parameterize the URL path accordingly in other actions as well.

20729.png

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Abhijith Raj,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It seems an older, pre-release, version of the connector was pushed to the DX. It has been replaced with a version that supports specifying the table name, and key value where applicable.

The corrected version can be found here.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thank you Shashank for the suggestion. Let me try it out.

Abhijith Raj
Automation Engineer
FourNxt
Asia/Kolkata

Thank you so much for the update Eric.

I was trying to connect to Power Apps. Could you please give me an idea what should be mentioned in the field "Dynamics365URL"?

20733.png

Regards,

Abhijith Raj
Automation Engineer
FourNxt
Asia/Kolkata