cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Edge Chromium - Browser mode

SebastianoDal_P
Level 3

Hi all,
I cannot use the spying browser mode in Microsoft Edge as it does not identify any item (the blue prism extension is correctly installed).

I tried to use Chrome and at the beginning it was not working too, but then, after looking here in the forum, I found out some step to make it working:
1) in the blue prism setting I enabled the 'Use fixed browser extension port only' (because the launcher was not even opening the web page I gave him)
2) in the launcher I added "--force-renderer-accessibility" before the web page that needed to be openend
and now blue prism is able to identify objects with the Browser mode in Chrome.

I suppose that Edge is not working because it does not recognise the "--force-renderer-accessibility" parameter. 
Do you know what is the correct parameter I should use to make it work also in Edge? Or there is any other applicable solutions? Because the webpage I need to access with Blue Prism is working only on Edge and not on Chrome.

Many thanks!

------------------------------
Sebastiano
Italy/Milan
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JoaoMolina
Level 4
hey i had the same problem and i had to change keys on regedit manually to make it work...

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-9/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/browser-extension-chrome.htm

You can find them on the link above. i am using 6.9 and the latest extension which is the 2.2.0

Joao Molina
Intelligent Automation CoE leader
Millennium BCP
Europe/London

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

henrynli
Staff
Staff
Hi Sebastiano,

Edge is supported from BP version 6.8...so if you were using it on earlier versions it might not work.

Henry Li

Hi, 
sorry I did not mentioned before, I am using the last available BP version 6.8.0.2...

Sebastiano
Italy/Milan

Hi Sebastiano,

When you say 'the blue prism extension is correctly installed' are you referring to the Chrome extension to Blue Prism? Here is why I ask:

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1494757172

Thanks,

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Senior Product Consultant
Austin, Texas
Jorge Barajas Blue Prism Senior Product Consultant Austin, Texas

Hi Jorge,
yes I installed the 2.1.0 version of the extension in Edge using the chrome extension store. It is installed and I have the Blue Prism icon on the right of the Edge address bar. 
Is it there any other way to verify if the problem is the extension or something else?

Sebastiano
Italy/Milan

Hi Sebastiano,

try this: Right-click on Blue Prism extension, select Manage Extensions and check option Allow in Private. Restart browser and try again.

I works for me, meaning I am able to spy elements. However when I actually run the process in some cases it is no longer able to recognize any browser elements.

Grzegorz Korzeniowski
GSSC CoE RPA Developer
Electrolux Polska Sp. z o.o.
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Grzegorz,
I just tried to check the Allow in Private, but it does not work, I also tried to remove the extension and install it launching Edge as Administrator, but I had no success.
One thing I just saw is that going in the BP extension option there is one that open a devtool of the extension and to me it looks like the extension is not working properly because it show the following error:
12900.png

Sebastiano
Italy/Milan

Have you tried settings like this ?

12901.png

Henry Li
Engineer
Blue Prism
NSW

Hi there,
I just tried that setting but it still does not recognize any item... 😞

Sebastiano
Italy/Milan

If you were not able to spy using settings I last provided even after a reboot...there might be something not right with installation.

I would suggest to review your Windows version to see if it is proper, double confirm if it is Edge Chromium in use, try  not to  use port 31924 alone (from System Settings).

Perhaps a full installation of everything or using another machine would help isolating problem as well.

Henry Li