cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VBO's available in Blue prism installed location

PunyaMunasinghe
Level 2

Hi, 

I recently started learning blue prism. When try to import business objects from 'File -> Import -> Process/Object -> Check path 'C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO' it doesn't exist any VBOs as per to the below image.

26635.png

But when I try to create new object in object studio, 'MS Excel VBO' and 'Notepad' VBOs were automatically added together with newly created object

26636.png
Can someone help me to identify why I am not getting available objects in 'C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO' path?

Thanks

------------------------------
Punya Munasinghe
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

More precisely, if you double-click on that Chrome shortcut in the VBO directory, it will do the DX search for you and display the full set of core VBOs. It can be hard to find them if you do the search yourself.

Dan Ternes
CTO APJ
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Neel1
MVP

Punya Munasinghe - As far as i know in latest version, there are no VBO provided by default. You have to download the latest VBO from digital Exchange. https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search

Neeraj Kumar

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Neeraj is correct, utility VBOs are now available via the DX, rather than the C drive. This is so that the DX team can be responsible and so that VBOs updates do not have to coincide with a BP release. 

John Carter
Blue Prism

@PunyaMunasinghe - could I ask, were you directed to navigate to the folder in your C:/ as part of a University course you were reading? We may need to update that content to reflect the change if so.

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

More precisely, if you double-click on that Chrome shortcut in the VBO directory, it will do the DX search for you and display the full set of core VBOs. It can be hard to find them if you do the search yourself.

Dan Ternes
CTO APJ
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

@ewilson it would be useful if there was a release of all the latest official utility VBOs available (and searchable) on the DX. Locating, downloading and importing them one by one is tedious.
@Michael Shillingford would be worth checking how new users will know that these VBOs exist at all.

John Carter
Blue Prism

hello John Carter - there is already a Core VBO filter on DX portal [Getting Started] which can be accessed through below page.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?submissionIds=98435,90437,129860,11656,90443,114890,132937,118989,134674,10258,115157,115156,115159,57046,114519,115158,57047,125270,115161,115160,12123...

and below is one of the associated conversation on this.

https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/core-vbos-listed-in-dx#bm004557bc-1876-4cd0-a86f-018cd92fad7d

26626.png

Neeraj Kumar

Hi @John Carter,

As @Neeraj Kumar has pointed out there is an existing filter for getting a list of a lot of main connectors. You can also search on the tag Blue Prism Enterprise - Core which will return just the connectors that were previously included in the installation.

Cheers,  

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm going to lock this discussion now as it's ran its course. 

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)