cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Excel file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, My business process consisted of the following steps: - Launching the program, - Logging into the program - Launching a report, - Export data to the Excel file, As next step I would like to open Excel file. How should I open the Excel file? Should be in the same business process, but in another tab? Hope that you can help. P.K.
8 REPLIES 8

MurthujaShaik
Level 3
Hi, Use the action stage and in the properties use MS Excel VBOs and call Open Work Book give the path of the workbook. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I added the action stage and in the properties I used MS Excel WBOs as the Business Object and called Open Workbook as the Action. I set the initial value in filename (data item) as the path of my file: C:\Data Export.XLS. Unfortunatelly I've got the following error: 'File Not Found : File: does not exist or is not a file' What can be wrong?

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Hi, The issue I see is with the extension of the Excel file. It should be .xls not .XLS. This should work if you can see the file through Windows explorer.

ArchiveUser
Level 4
Try to place file inside a folder. You may have read-write issue if having file directly in C: root. You may also try to remove space from the file name and check the extension is indeed .xls and not .xlsx.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The name of the file is correct. Every step from MS Excel VBOs has been accomplished correctly, but unfortunately the Excel file hasn't been launched. What can be the reason?

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Have you used the exact file name and extension in your Blue Prism action for Getting file into a collection? If yes, then I don't see any reason why it should not work.

ArchiveUser
Level 4
If you mean you have got no error, but you cannot see the file, the problem is that it opens in the background. It is not a problem actually, it is the intended behaviour. To make the file visible, use the Show action in the MS Excel VBO.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It works! Thank you very much for your help.