cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on use of Credential Manager

GavinRudling
Level 7

Good vday Team,

I Have a Question on the use of a credential manager, that I cant seem to get to work as expected and assume I am doing something wrong.

I have a requirement to store approximately 20 to 30 vendors credentials in a Retailers Credential Manager.

My thought was to add them in as Additional Properties an ID as the property Name and the credential as the Property value as shown in the below diagram. However when extracting the details from the credential manager by using the Get Property Action and providing the vendor ID. I always get the value as the very last value I entered in the credential manager. So now evey vendor using different ID's somehow end up with the same password extracted.

Is this a valid use for the credential manager, or is there something I am doing wrong?

Kind regards

Gavin

12857.png

------------------------------
Gavin Rudling
Digital Consultant & Developer
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg
7 REPLIES 7

ManishKathuria
Level 3

Good day Gavin,

it should be working as expected, 
can you please also share the screenshot of your "Get Property" action. ?

Manish Kathuria
Sr Software Engeneer
SS&C Technologies

Thanks Manish, much appreciated.

Inputs:

12839.png

Output:

12840.png

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi Gavin,
you are using it correctly, I don't see anything wrong there. Just make sure the [venderID] having the actually "Vender ID" you are searching credential for.
I mean it is dynamic and having correct "ID" in it, when you are calling "Get Property" action. 
e.g. if you are using a loop for fetching [venderID], "Get Property" action should be within the same loop. 

Manish Kathuria Lead Software Engineer RPA
Sr Software Engeneer
SS&C Technologies

Hi Manish,

Yes, even if I manually populate the vendorID, I still only get the very last credential put into the credential manager.

Thanks for the correct use verification. Perhaps I will need to log a ticket with the support Team to investigate if I don't come right.

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi Gavin,

I just verified again and it is working as normal for me. so, you may raise the ticket. if possible please update here as well once you get the resolutions. 

Manish Kathuria Lead Software Engineer RPA
Sr Software Engeneer
SS&C Technologies

Yeah, Mine only works if I only have 1 additional Property.

Thanks again for your advice and support. Much appreciated.

I will update when we get a resolution.

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi Manish, I got it to work, something to do with the way I was entering the data.

Strange, I always ended with the last value I entered for all the Items in the additional property field.

I found that if I click ok and close the credential manager in between each record, it seemed to work.

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg