cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding creating & adding of pivot Tables using Blue Prism

SupratimMukherj
Level 2
I am using MS Excel VBO - Extended for creating Pivot Tables. But after passing all input parameters also getting error as "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The given key was not present in the dictionary." I want to create new worksheet for the same. Can anyone please help me regarding that so I will be very helpful.

------------------------------
Supratim Mukherjee
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Supratim - that VBO isn't the one released with BP, it will be a bespoke version, so we can't comment on its functionality. That said, the 'given key was not present in the dictionary' error is indicative of some attaching error, and often this is the case when multiple Excel VBOs are used by the same process. The VBO that launches Excel will maintain a record (dictionary) of the Excel instances it is using. If a second VBO attempts to interact with Excel without having previously attached, you will usually see this error. The solution is to make sure your other VBO is attached before attempting any other actions.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

I have used attach workbook & worksheet both actions but still getting same error message. Can you please help me with with solution of creating Pivot Table. Actually it is very urgent. PFA for your reference.

Supratim Mukherjee

Hi Supratim - the error means that the VBO has no record (ie a key in the dictionary) of the workbook - it's telling you 'I don't know which workbook you mean'. I suspect you have made an error in the inputs somewhere, probably in the Workbook Name parameter.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Supratim,

Can you check if all the excel actions that you are using belongs to the same Excel VBO or not once. I would suggest use all the actions from the same 'Excel - Extended' VBO. If you use different actions from different business objects to interact with Excel, you are most likely to face this error that you are currently getting.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com