cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Excel Values with Formulas

UrielLander
Level 2
Hello, I´m trying to set a value of a cell with a Formula. The way i´m trying to do it is via "Set Cell Value" action related to MS Excel VBO Object. Example: "=IF(AND(H19="&[Cond 1]&";S19
7 REPLIES 7

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Does it work with simple text? Check where it fails within VBO - Go To Cell or Set Cell Value? If it is Go To Cell - check your Cell Reference.  

AvinashPandey
Level 2
Hello All,   I am trying to pass the value in the cell using SET CELL Value function however it is throwing error ""HRESULT: 0x800A03EC""  The value is ""=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B3,'C:\Users\avipande\Documents\Finance\[ConsolidatedReport.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$N$1600,1,FALSE),'Missing Employee')"" I have valdated it before running. However i have an error everytime (exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC) i run it and the formula is not entered into the cell. Has anyone worked and solved this problem? Thank you

Hi Avinash,

I am facing the same issue.  Have you been able to find a fix ?

------------------------------
Neermal Jankee
Senior RPA developer
SD Worx
Indian/Mauritius

Hi Neermal,

We deal with very large excel formulas, we simply add the formula to a collection. Then use the Coll.Formula in the "Set cell value" stage. It works.

20960.png

Murali
RPA Consultant

Hi @Uriel Lander,

I am assuming that you are facing issues while trying to do "Set Cell Value" and trying to write the formula. It seems there is a syntax error of AND condition. Please refer the below sample:

20961.png
I have used Yes and No as output depending on the condition matching with H19 and S19 cells.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi @AvinashPandey,

Whenever you have to perform vlookup and the formula needs to be worked on some different workbook, then rather using the path in the formula and experiencing issues, it's better to copy paste the data in the destination workbook in a temp sheet so that vlookup works easily without causing any issues and also, its easier to understand the formula.
Regarding the error you are facing, are you trying to write the formula in a cell where already data exists?
Sometimes, the issue occurs due to that as well.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi Uriel

I've always found it a little easier to set the formula to a data item through a calculation stage then use the data item to set the cell value. It saves any hassle with quotation marks and similar things.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London