cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to date Date conversion Error

AndreKöpplin
Level 5
Hello All

Last week I run our automation and added few Items to the BP Queue. Due to technical exceptions, I stopped to process another Items in the Queue. Today, I want to run all Pending Items in the Work queue and I receive following Error Message: "Internal : Unable to convert supplied value to a Date : Text value '4/14/2022' cannot be interpreted as a Date".

I didn't change anything in the script and also the Data has been unchanged. The same step has been used also last week.

I'm using BPv6.10 and changed also the Date/Time settings on my Resource PC w/o any resolution.

Any idea, what is happend?

Thanks in advance
Andre

------------------------------
Andre Köpplin
RPA Project Manager
Europe/Wroclaw
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Walter.Koller
Level 11
When Blue Prism introduced localization, they implemented certain logic to determine what formats to use.
The presentation and interpretation of date formats and numbers depends on:
- OS language setting
- OS region setting
- Blue Prism localization setting

If BP language matches Windows language setting then Windows region settings are used.
If BP language does not match Windows language then BP region settings are used.

Link: Support Center | Blue Prism Portal
Title: Formatting inconsistencies when changing the Blue Prism user interface language

In case you had the localization hack applied to trick BP's logic and then had BP installed again, then the behavior would change too.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JacobClary
Staff
Staff
Hey Andre, hope you are doing well today.

I am not sure if this could be the issue, but is your region format for Date and time different than the one stated there? For example, if your machine has date formatted as 14/4/2022 , then it will not be able to convert dates of a different format than what your machine is set to. If this works on other machines, I would check for differences like this between the two machines.

Jacob Clary
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hello Jacob

I checked the date/time settings on our machine and there're same. 

I used the same machine, where the queue items has been created.

best regards
Andre

Andre Köpplin
RPA Project Manager
Europe/Wroclaw

Hi Andre,

Can you supply us with some more info on the exact action that throws the exception? Is it a BP object, or perhaps one of you own? If it is one of your own actions: what does it do? How does it work?

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Walter.Koller
Level 11
When Blue Prism introduced localization, they implemented certain logic to determine what formats to use.
The presentation and interpretation of date formats and numbers depends on:
- OS language setting
- OS region setting
- Blue Prism localization setting

If BP language matches Windows language setting then Windows region settings are used.
If BP language does not match Windows language then BP region settings are used.

Link: Support Center | Blue Prism Portal
Title: Formatting inconsistencies when changing the Blue Prism user interface language

In case you had the localization hack applied to trick BP's logic and then had BP installed again, then the behavior would change too.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna

@Walter Koller: Thanks for the link. This has been resolved my issue. After I removed the "Default language"-line from the BP User Profil it works perfectly. ​​​

Andre Köpplin
RPA Project Manager
Europe/Wroclaw

I have to add the described behavior is only applicable to BP version from when localization was introduced to .... some BP version, which exactly I could not find.
I just remember it was announced there will be an future update to the OS language / region / BP localization logic. This announcement was some time ago, so I don't know if this might already be implemented in one of the current versions (7.x?) or if this is still in planning.
A quick search didn't give me results. (searching over all release notes and/or all known issues would have been helpful).

The improvement of the localization was already raised as an enhancement idea though.
Idea Details - Blue Prism Community Site

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna